Medical Billing Specialist - Onsite
Company: GTT, LLC
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Medical Billing Specialist - Onsite
- Contract Duration 8 Months
- The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for facilitating
the daily management of billing, and accounts receivable and
overseeing the collection efforts for the Continuum
- The position requires the development and standardization of
procedures for new payers and for the collection of co-payments
- In addition, this position provides analysis and reporting of
collection metrics such as critical aging trends and works with
clients to establish the need for financial assistance as
- Facilitates the timely and accurate electronic transmission of
claims to third-party payers. In cases where electronic
transmission is not available, assures that the paper claim is
properly completed and submitted in a timely manner. This includes
but is not limited to verification of insurance, confirmation of
sales orders, providing notification to clients/caregivers
regarding coverage and payment responsibilities, posting the
receipt of payment in the computer system, transmitting secondary
claims, and working payment denials.
- Assures that all phases of processing client information are in
compliance with HIPAA, PHI regulations, and related policies and
practices; reports any Compliance issues to the Operations
- Communicates in a professional and positive manner with all
clients and referral sources.
- Oversees the insurance verification process and ensures that
any co-payments due are communicated to the client prior to the
order being delivered or shipped.
- When applicable may gather credit card or other payment
processing information from the client and utilizes the computer
system to process payment for third-party payers and
- Manages the entry of client information into the ERP system
(e.g., Brightree) in a timely manner and contacts referral sources
and/or clients to obtain missing information needed to set up the
client for service. Reviews the data to ensure that it is accurate
- Medical Billing Specialist confirms all sales orders in the
system and ensures that proof of delivery is on file before
submitting a claim for payment.
- Follows up on all missing sales orders and reconciles payment
information on a regular basis.
- Corrects and resubmits front-end and back-end rejected
- Ensures that all cash is posted to the correct account in a
- Responsible for the timely follow-up and collection of payments
due to the organization. This is accomplished by generating claims
and/or following up with clients and/or payers.
- Communicates and reports to management monthly on client
- Develops and updates procedures as required for billing and
- Conducts testing as necessary related to billing/collections
processes within the ERP (e.g., Brightree) system.
- Conducts research and uses available resources to maintain
current regulatory guidelines and reimbursement information to
ensure that the company is obtaining all appropriate information as
required for billing and reimbursement.
- Works with internal and external auditors as necessary to
assure financial compliance.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- In lieu of a Degree, the incumbent may present four years of
progressively responsible work experience with a hospital or other
healthcare provider in an intake, insurance verification, or
- Knowledge of Medicare and other regulatory practices in order
to assess the effectiveness of intake referral activities. Such
knowledge may be derived from graduation from an accredited
educational program or on-the-job training of no less than two
years in a Hospital Billing, Durable Medical Equipment, or another
healthcare setting. Should be well-versed in regulatory guidelines
and industry standards for Medicare and/or specific payer benefit
- Familiar with healthcare collection guidelines and practices;
able to meet month-end deadlines and production goals.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills are
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to work
- Flexibility and the ability to work effectively within a
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and oral) with team
members, clients, caregivers, clinicians, and referral
- Well-organized and able to perform multifaceted projects in
conjunction with normal activities.
- Ability to operate a computer and use the operational software
used by the office.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Billing/Coding Certification is highly desired.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with internal and
- Planning and organizational skills including the ability to
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with accepted /insurance
verification/billing/collection practices in a health care
- Problem Resolution and follow-up skills.
- PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and
- Ability to learn industry-specific software
- Customer service oriented; able to work with irate customers
- Knowledge of Federal & State regulations relating to Durable
Medical Equipment for all Jurisdictions including Medicare
Reimbursement and LCD Guidelines; HIPAA Privacy and Security laws
and Joint Commission Accreditation Standards.
About the Company:
- Our client is a globally diversified healthcare company with a
central purpose to help people live their healthiest possible
lives. They offer a broad portfolio of market-leading products that
align with favorable long-term healthcare trends in both developed
and developing markets. Working with this company, you'll tackle a
wide array of problems including some of the world's greatest
healthcare challenges while experiencing myriad cultures,
geographies, and technologies. They are creating the future of
healthcare through life-changing technologies and products that
make you healthier and stronger, quickly identify when you have a
medical need, and treat conditions to help you get back to doing
what you love. It serves people in more than 160 countries with
leading medical devices, diagnostics, nutrition products, and
branded generic medicines. -
- If you are looking for a great company to work for, look no
further because our client has received an average of a four-star
rating from its thousands of employees that have written positive
reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed. -
Keywords: GTT, LLC, Gainesville , Medical Billing Specialist - Onsite, Accounting, Auditing , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!