Company: Elevations Learning Academy
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The Teacher Aide provides a warm, nurturing, stimulating, safe and
loving environment where each child has the opportunity to develop
language, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills
Education and Development
1. Assist in implementing a culturally sensitive educational
program that is developmentally appropriate for each child's age
2. Implement appropriate daily lesson plans as preplanned with the
classroom Teacher based on the approved curriculum, that promote
the cognitive, language, literacy, social, emotional, and physical
development of children in large groups, small groups, and
one-on-one based on ELA School Readiness Goals and the needs of
3. Use teaching strategies that illustrates the CLASS philosophy in
Emotional Support, Classroom Organization, and Instructional
4. Assist classroom Teacher by actively keeping children engaged
during large group activities.
5. Purposefully interact with children and extend play and learning
by rotating through learning centers during center play.
6. Conduct ongoing assessment and individualization documentation
in a timely manner.
7. Assist classroom Teacher with child assessment and
individualization planning as needed.
8. Implement a balanced daily routine that encourages play,
exploration, and learning; and which includes teacher-directed and
child-directed activities, and inside and outside time.
9. Assist with providing a developmentally appropriate, stimulating
learning environment, which includes adding new and interesting
materials each week.
10. Provide a warm, nurturing, loving and positive environment,
using positive guidance techniques and upholding the ELA Discipline
11. Develop nurturing relationships with each child that encourage
his or her social and emotional development.
12. Maintain all federal, state, local and accreditation standards
(these may include those set forth by NAEYC, APPLE, ECS, and
13. Participate in research initiatives pertaining to early child
hood education, development, and related topics. Children's Health
and Developmental Services 1. Conduct daily health checks on each
2. Follow policies and procedures regarding medical and dental
emergencies, short-term exclusion of children, and the
administration, handling, and storing of medication.
3. Ensure that safe practices are followed to prevent injuries to
children or self.
4. Maintain sanitation and hygiene procedures and participate in
the maintenance of the center.
1. Provide and encourage effective communication and relationships
with families so that parents feel comfortable talking to staff
about their children.
2. Attend parent meetings as assigned.
3. Encourage parent involvement in all aspects of the program.
4. Inform parents concerning their children's progress formally and
informally, which may include parent notes, portfolios, parent
conferences and home visits.
5. Maintain transition procedures for children moving to another
classroom or program and coordinate transition with other
appropriate program staff.
1. Eat with children, encouraging proper eating habits and
2. Serve food in a way that encourages the development and
socialization of the children.
3. Assist in kitchen duties as assigned.
Training and Communication
1. Communicate regularly with other staff to better serve children
and families, including attending staff meetings, trainings, and
2. Follow directions and assignments as given by classroom Teacher
3. Work collaboratively and attentively with an in-class coach.
4. Maintain appropriate record keeping.
5. Maintain confidentiality at all times. (These essential job
functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties
performed. Employees will be required to perform other related
marginal duties as required.)
--- This position reports to the Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
--- High School Diploma or GED required with DCF training
--- CDA credential or a state-awarded certificate that meets or
exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential or enrolled in a
program leading to CDA or an associate or baccalaureate degree in
ECE or related field and complete w/in 2 years of hire
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
--- Demonstrate competency to provide effective and nurturing
teacher-child interactions, plan and implement learning experiences
that ensure effective curriculum implementation and use of
assessment and promote children's progress across the standards
Framework: Ages Birth to Five and applicable state early learning
and development standards, including for children with disabilities
and dual language learners, as appropriate.
--- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for
--- Ability to exercise control and maintain appropriate classroom
--- Ability and willingness to implement the approved
--- Ability to exercise good judgment and emotional maturity
--- Ability to build and establish collaborative relationships
--- Ability to work effectively with diverse staff and families
--- Demonstrates proper use of grammar and communication skills
--- Knowledge of applicable safety and abuse-reporting
--- Ability to maintain confidential information --- Ability to
communicate effectively both orally and in writing
--- Ability to plan and organize work as well as maintain records
--- A willingness to learn and continue personal education
--- Must have current First Aid and Pediatric Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) training.
--- Complete a minimum of 20 hours of in-service training annually,
July 1- June 30.
--- Work involves constant visual supervision of children and
tolerance of loud noise
--- Environment includes indoor classroom and outdoor playground
--- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
--- Acceptable hearing (with or without correction)
--- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
--- Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or
pulling objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part
(more than 70%) of job. (Reasonable accommodations will be made for
otherwise qualified individuals with a disability)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Gainesville, FL 32609: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
* Childcare: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Elevations Learning Academy, Gainesville , Assistant Teacher, Education / Teaching , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!