Company: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Posted on: September 14, 2023
WGFL/WNBW/WMYG is looking for a Chief Engineer--to oversee all
engineering functions of the station. A qualified candidate will
coordinate or perform maintenance of computer and broadcast
equipment of the television broadcasting station.
- Oversee all engineering functions of the station, including,
planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and
- Manage training and hiring processes for engineering staff
- Supervise maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local
area network applications
- Ensure software license compliance and all software versions
are up to date
- Supervise preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting of
broadcast electronical equipment, including but not limited to,
cameras, audio and video equipment, microwave transmitters and
receivers, satellite receivers, and computing equipment
- Supervise and/or perform transmitter maintenance
- Work with Corporate leadership to ensure security and FCC
compliance What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in broadcast electrical system
and equipment maintenance
- Experience training and managing technicians with a positive
and constructive attitude
- Proficiency in evaluating, troubleshooting, installing, and
maintaining broadcast equipment and IT systems
- Dedication to quality and time management while upholding to
all FCC regulations
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including
extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Ability to work on ladders, stand for long periods of time, and
lift computers or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Technical degree in electronics or a related field, or an
equivalent of work and educational experience
- SBE certification and A+ certification is preferred Sinclair
Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and Drug Free Workplace!
Keywords: Sinclair Broadcast Group, Gainesville , Chief Engineer, Engineering , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!