RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager of PACU Job
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered
around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida North Florida
Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service
medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central
Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology,
orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and
robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care,
women's health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven
leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive
Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission,
is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue
Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery
and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top
100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a
member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Based in
Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed
facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding
surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain.
Nurse Manager of PACU POSITION SUMMARY: This management position is
responsible for the daily operations of the PACUs (Main & Phase 2)
and Pre-Operative Services (PAT Center and Staging) including
direction of staff, budget acumen/productivity, quality metrics and
patient experience. Ensures safe and effective care for
- Maintains current knowledge of health care trends as well as
nursing and surgical practice
- Manages and supports supervisors and charge RNs to ensure
quality of work.
- Keeps the Administrative Director informed of any unusual
concerns, situations or conditions relative to patients and medical
- Keeps and maintains all records of safety surveys within the
- Evaluates and recommends purchase of capital equipment.
- Recognizes/develops new services/processes to present to
Division Director as appropriate.
- Collaborates with others in planning patient care.
- Responds promptly and accurately to meet patient's needs.
- In conjunction with other members of the health care team,
plans for discharge.
- Recognizes patients needs to assert independence and reluctance
to express dependency needs and anxiety about hospitalization.
- Adheres to aseptic technique.
- Administers medication safely and accurately utilizing the 5
- Provides patient/family education as per department and
hospital policy and procedure.
- Assists with patient/family/significant others learning needs,
abilities and readiness to learn. Identifies barriers to learning,
such as language or culture. Integrates this information into the
patients plan of care.
- Identifies and documents patient/family/SOs education needs in
collaboration with other disciplines and implements an on-going
education relevant to these needs.
- Explains tests, procedures, disease processes, medications and
equipment to patient and family throughout the course of
- Documents patient teaching on appropriate teaching tool for
each teaching episode.
- Provides teaching material as needed (pamphlets, video tapes,
etc.) to enhance patient teaching.
- Collaborates with other health care providers in developing a
teaching plan for patient.
- Ensures patient/family/SO understand discharge
- Ensure the application of Customer Service principles in
meeting and exceeding the expectations of internal and external
customers to provide satisfaction.
- Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: Graduation
from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN and MSN preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: 2-3 years hospital clinical
nursing experience plus 1 year of supervisory experience. SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated skills in organization,
verbal and written communications, customer service, math,
analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer
usage.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred
separately)RN license in the State of Florida. BLS, ACLS
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disabilitybenefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: HCA., Gainesville , RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager of PACU Job, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!