Nurse Manager Med/Surg
Company: North Florida Regional Medical Center
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Description SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
North Florida Rregional Medical Center is a 510 bed, full-service
medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central
Florida for over 49 years. NFRMC offers comprehensive
cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences,
minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss
surgery and treatment, women s health and wound therapy, among
other services. NFRMC is fully accredited by the Joint Commission,
is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest
Pain Center by ACC (American College of Cardiology), and is
designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and
Bariatric Surgery. NFRMC has also received the highest scores
available recognizing their commitment to patient safety and
quality of care. Nurse Manager Med/Surg - 7N POSITION
SUMMARY:Responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care for
patients on the Clinical Unit. Additionally, in collaboration with
the Director, is responsible for the quality of nursing care
provided consistent with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of
the organization. Provides leadership and management of the staff
in the implementation of the nursing process. Participates in and
materially influences the selection, development, discipline, and
evaluation of staff.
- Correlates theoretical knowledge with clinical practice by
using Nursing Process.
- Cooperates with other health team members in achieving common
goal of quality health care and supporting all quality
- Adheres to legal responsibilities as written in The State of
Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Conducts self as professional role model and serves as clinical
consultant for staff.
- Demonstrates effective leadership for staff in the clinical
- Responsible for daily staffing of the unit (as designated by
the Director) to meet the patient care needs.
- Assists the Director in maintaining the unit budget.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in adherence to
staffing guidelines and utilization of Facility Scheduler.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in the management
of utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the data collection, preparation and
presentation of employee performance evaluations in conjunction
with the Director.
- Participates in the development and presentation of staff
- Responsible for orientation, in-service training and continuing
education of all persons in the department/service.
- Plans and supervises an individualized orientation for new
- Determines need and provides for in-service and continuing
education of staff.
- Identifies, discusses and participates in the resolution of
patient and departmental needs/issues through the:
- Performance of daily patient rounds
- Maintains collegial and collaborative physician
- Participation in weekly discharge planning conferences.
- Evaluation of clinical performance of staff.
- Counsels employees and provides documentation of exemplary and
unsatisfactory work performance in a timely manner, assuring
- Fosters an environment of engaged employees, who are committed
to service excellence.
- Establishes trust, respect and open communications among staff
and customer groups.
- Serves as a role model for establishing and achieving
appropriate work priorities.
- Shares responsibility, recognition and ownership of team goals
and results.Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN & MSN
preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: 2 to 3 years hospital
clinical nursing experience plus 1 year of supervisory experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated skills in
organization, verbal and written communications, customer service,
math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer
usage. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: RN license in the State of Florida.
BLS. We are committed to providing our employees with the support
they need. At North Florida Regional Medical Center, we offer an
array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several
add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to
you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Notice Our Company s
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here .For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-###-#### option 1. Associated topics: care, coronary,
maternal, mhb, neonatal, nurse, nurse rn, psychiatric, staff nurse,
Keywords: North Florida Regional Medical Center, Gainesville , Nurse Manager Med/Surg, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!