SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER - UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
Company: Compass Group USA
Posted on: May 13, 2022
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our
business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and
serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college
campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand
by Nation's Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in
creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and
achieve their development goals within the company.Job SummaryThe
campus Sustainability Manager serves as the liaison between dining
services and the campus sustainability department. The
Sustainability Manager implements Chartwells' sustainability
programs, provides training to all foodservice staff on
sustainability initiatives, monitors and analyzes data, and
identifies efficiencies and solutions to further initiatives. In
addition, the Sustainability Manager is a key client partner to
align Chartwells programs to client initiatives and provides
resources and data as necessary to help clients meet sustainability
goals and objectives. This role will have heavy community
involvement including partnership with M/WMEs.In addition, the
Sustainability Manager will ensure associates are trained on
sustainability initiatives and efficiencies and will be responsible
for meeting specific environmental efficiency programming targets
and will oversee student sustainability and sourcing
internships.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works to promote and increase M/WBE hyper-local purchasing at
- Actively motivates, trains, and develops associates in relation
to sustainability initiatives within the unit.
- Implements Chartwells' sustainability programs, conducts
regular compliance evaluations and analyzes data.
- Assists in the development and implementation of client
specific sustainability initiatives that relate to
- Builds effective and strong relationships with clients, campus
community and Chartwells managers to drive initiatives and educate
- Regularly assesses the progress of sustainable purchases,
programs and efficiencies making regular updates to the client and
- Actively engages the campus student community in sustainability
related discussions and initiatives.
- Assists culinary and management team in identification and
sourcing of appropriate products and materials to support campus
- Regularly contributes perspective and suggestions to operations
team ways to improve process efficiencies that will positively
impact sustainability related initiatives.
- Evaluates potential solutions for unintended sustainability
related impacts and consequences. Proves ROI and/or shared value of
sustainability related projects.
- Innovative ideas to drive sustainability in new and exciting
ways for the campus.
- Conducts a variety of audits including sourcing, waste, AASHE
STARS, and carbon footprint
- Holds regular educational sustainability events
- Acts at the community liaison for various projects and
organizes community volunteering events
- Assist other functions and performs other work as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in sustainability related field.
- Previous higher education and/or foodservice related
sustainability experience preferred.
- Master's degree in sustainability related field a plus.
- Strong ability in public speaking required.
- Familiar with Zero Waste and Circular Economy principlesApply
to Chartwells Higher Education today!Chartwells Higher Education is
a member of Compass Group USAClick here to Learn More about the
Compass StoryCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.Qualified candidates must be able
to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily
with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job
post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential
responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with
this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or
change the essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)Associates at
Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Keywords: Compass Group USA, Gainesville , SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER - UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!