Director of Finance
Company: Benchmark Hilton University of Florida Conference
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Come be a part of something bigger! Benchmark Hospitality is a
strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness
through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees
achieve success at both work and home. - Here are just some of the
great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance
to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and
professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as
AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details Find the newly
renovated Hilton University of Florida Conference Center
Gainesville hotel on the University of Florida's campus. Guests can
attend an event at our 25,000 sqft IACC Conference Center, the only
in Gainesville, and enjoy a variety of complimentary hotel
amenities. Dine and unwind in our restaurant or lounge before
heading out to a Florida Gators game or exploring Gainesville
attractions.Salary: $90,000- $100,000 What you will have an
opportunity to do:We are looking for a leader who is great with
numbers, is highly analytical, an engaging personality and customer
focused to join our team as the Director of Finance. The successful
candidate for this role is detail oriented, is open to learning and
leading by example, responds in a professional and courteous manner
to guests and team, as well as being there to support the team both
personally and professionally. The Director of Finance will lead
and coordinate the Accounting Operations for the hotel to ensure
accurate, timely and consistent reporting in accordance with
policies and procedures, Federal, State and local laws and
regulations. - This person will maintain control over income,
expenses and the assets and liabilities of the property. Position
is responsible for the daily operation of Payroll, Accounts
Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Journal, General Cashiering,
Taxes and internal controls. - Your role: -
- Establishes and maintains a positive and collaborative working
relationship with all teams inoverseeing property-based accounting
- Reviews Financial Statements prior to their distribution,
challenging and questioning itemswhere appropriate.
- Monitors labor costs and all expenses, making recommendations
as needed for improvement and to maximize profitability.
- Assists in managing hotel cash flow, monitors guest ledgers,
accounts receivable and creditprocesses.
- Implements technology solutions, pulls it through at all
- Ensures consistency across the portfolio in report formats,
timing and reporting standards.
- Monitors balance sheet reconciliations to ensure items are
supported and cleared in a timely manner.
- Works with external auditors to complete annual audits and
- Takes lead role in hotel openings to ensure all Finance and
Accounting matters are addressed and complete.
- Communicates and works with Hotel Owners and Investors. What
are we looking for?
- Four-year college degree in a business curriculum to include
Intermediate accounting and Financial fundamentals required
- Someone with 4-5 years of accounting experience preferably in
the hospitality industry.
- Someone with previous experience as an Assistant Director of
Finance in a hotel preferred.
- Someone with a flexible schedule as some weekends may be
requiredMore than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring
their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day
with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive
service attitude and determination to succeed. - Come be a part of
our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every
level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can
provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers,
and communities. Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: Benchmark Hilton University of Florida Conference , Gainesville , Director of Finance, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!