Home Care Director
Company: LHC Group Inc Home Office
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Company Overview: LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care
partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From
home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and home and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Verifies
licensure, certification and credentialing as required by law and
policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going
basis, ensure maintenance of records to support competency of all
- Manage applicable participants of the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit
Verification) program to achieve the compliance goal.
- Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel
and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing
is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, the medical
community, and upper management to ensure information is shared
appropriately among the LHC Team.
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services
including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meetings.
- Evaluating performance of staff and identifying and
implementing methods of professional development as needed.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and
employee records. Ensures compliance to policy.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of client records.
- Oversee staffing requests and the ability to meet employee
needs. Taking appropriate action as needed to provide quality
- Coordinates admission of all patients.
- Monitors client charts. Updates Plan of Care at least every 3
months to make sure all information is accurate and up todate.
- Inputs client information into CBS System in a timely manner.
Makes sure information is complete, accurate, and current.
- Ensures all appropriate and updated employee
staffing/scheduling comments are in the computer, including but not
limited to DNU (do not use) status.
- Maintains good working relationships with clients and
- Provides supervision to direct reports.
- Responds promptly to all hourly care and insurance case
- Documents all employee and client related activities in a
- Supervises daily office activities to ensure that effective and
efficient operations are in place to provide quality service and
assist as needed.
- Develops and works within quarterly/annual office budget.
- Participates in orientation and in-services education as
- Reviews weekly operations reports, weekly metrics, productivity
and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is on
target with budgeted goals. Follows up, addresses issues, and
implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
- Responds to and effectively deals with client and employee
complaints and problems.
- Participates in the QAPI program. Ensures follow-up on any
required action plans.
- Accessible and available during all hours in which services are
being provided to clients
- Ensures phones are answered promptly with messages accurately
documented and delivered to appropriate staff.
- Responsible for weekly face to face sales calls.
- Case Management of clients/patients as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned. Education & Experience:
- One Year of Home and Community Based Services management
experience preferred.License Requirements
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
- Licensed RN preferred.Skill Requirements
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age,
race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the
- Able to work independently.
- Good communication, writing, and organizational
skills.Additional State Specific Requirements
- Must be a registered nurse licensed in the state of practice or
an individual with at least one (1) year of supervisory or
administrative experience in home health care or related health
Keywords: LHC Group Inc Home Office, Gainesville , Home Care Director, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!