General Manager/ Pit Boss
Company: Dickey's BBQ
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job DescriptionJob detailsJob TypeFull-timeCompetitive salary
plus incentivesFull Job DescriptionThe General Manager is
responsible for the overall supervision and management of Dickey's
restaurant, ensuring total guest satisfaction while increasing
sales, profits, and brand awareness through excellent execution of
operational standards and guidelines.About Dickey's Barbecue PitThe
Gainesville Dickey's Barbecue Pit is a family locally owned and
operated restaurant. For more than 80 years, Dickey's Barbecue Pit
has been the place to go for mouth-watering, slow-smoked
Texas-style BBQ. Customers around the world come to us for
favorites such as smoked brisket, chicken, ribs, pork, wings and
sides that range from jalapeno beans to macaroni and
- 50-hour workweek. No late nights. Generally, operate between
the hours of 7am until 10pm.
- May require unscheduled shifts for various reasons.
- Dresses and enforces uniform standards according to company
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all business matters
pertaining to all areas of responsibility. Takes prompt action to
resolve problems and suggests alternative solutions or actions when
- Performs all duties in a timely, effective, and proficient
manner including staff meetings.
- ServSafe Certification (Preferred)
- Minimum one year of experience ResponsibilitiesCost Controls
- Trains and develops hourly shift supervisors and team members
in all areas of shift cost control.
- Ensures all products are prepared and served according to
company standards, utilizing only authorized products and
procedures. Updates and maintains appearance of merchandise and
product displays as needed / required.
- Ensures routine equipment and smallware's maintenance is
completed on a regular basis.
- Monitors food and labor costs through constant evaluation of
training, productivity, and weekly food and labor projections
compared to actual hours and food cost budget.
- Controls expenditures of restaurant to meet budgetary
- Other duties as required by supervisors. Shift Supervision
- Supervises team members and shift leaders to deliver
outstanding product and services that meet and exceed our guests'
- Practices teamwork by communicating with and assisting all team
- Uses checklists to ensure proper set-up and close down of each
- Performs regular dining room checks and cook's line checks to
ensure overall efficiency of restaurant operations.
- Coaches and directs staff and management using effective verbal
- Takes complete ownership-mentality of shifts to ensure daily
- Other duties as required by supervisors. Administration
- Ensures all cash control procedures are implemented and
followed by hourly staff and members and trainees.
- Correctly handles all staff and guest incident reporting by
utilizing appropriate forms and procedures.
- Organizes and updates all office notebooks and posted materials
- Supports, implements, and executes local marketing
- Follows all state and federal guidelines regarding food safety,
labor regulations, or other mandated statutes required by law;
keeps self-informed of new procedures and laws.
- Creates individual development plans and action plans for self
to maximum performance and operations excellence.
- Uses and supports all approved training programs and
development processes to improve staff proficiencies.
- Assists with developing team members to prevent shortages
within staff and management team.
- Other duties as required by supervisorsJob types: Full-timeWork
Keywords: Dickey's BBQ, Gainesville , General Manager/ Pit Boss, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!