Clinical Manager - Registered Nurse - Clinical
Company: Amedisys Inc
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Clinical Manager - Registered NurseWhat You Will Do
Responsible for the supervision, management, coordination and
provision of quality patient care while demonstrating fiscal
responsibility and maintaining the highest standards of care and
ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory
requirements. Accountable for measuring, monitoring, and managing
quality of patient care, achievement of key performance indicators
and organizational clinical performance. Participates in
interviewing and hiring of clinical staff and responsible for
management/development of the clinical staff. Assist other
disciplines in coordinating activities when necessary, assuming
responsibility for continuity, appropriateness and quality of
* Develops, plans, implements, analyzes and organizes clinical
operations for the care center.
* Reviews requests for services and determines patient eligibility
and suitability for home care services. Works with intake in
coordinating patient referrals and admissions.
* Oversees scheduling activities to ensure patient needs are met.
Reviews assignments as appropriate with the patient services
coordinator and professional and support staff.
* Oversees payor verification and pre-certification requirements.
Communicates with payors and their representatives with updates and
responds to requests for information.
* Responsible for review of documentation of other staff members
including the Oasis data collection, starts of care,
re-certification, physician orders, daily progress notes and other
related documents ensuring appropriateness of care, delivery and
documentation requirements are met. Ensures missing, incomplete
and/or untimely documentation issues are resolved.
* Oversees and assists clinicians in establishing immediate and
long-term patient goals, setting priorities and developing Plan of
Care (POC). Responsible to oversee the management and delivery of
patient care, including utilization management, episode management
and patient outcomes. Oversees the assignment of the appropriate
clinical pathways and implementation of the plan of care and
physicians' orders for patients.
* Oversees clinicians in the provision of care and services
requiring substantial and specialized professional skills set (per
applicable discipline practice act and standards of practice) and
in accordance with the plan of care signed by the physician.
* Oversees the professional staff to ensure timely communication of
changes in the patient condition to the physician and receipt of
necessary changes in orders. Ensures communication of changes in
the plan of care to the appropriate staff.
* Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates the needs of the patient;
initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to
the patient's plan of care in collaboration with the clinicians
* Leads regular patient care conferences and promotes coordination
and communication of information relevant to the care of the
patient to ensure quality of care.
* May provide direct patient care on an infrequent basis and only
in times of emergency.
* Participates in on call process, including admin on call,
preparing on call schedule, supports the on-call process.
* Participates in agency quality assurance activities designed to
improve quality and continuity of patient care. Performs chart
audits and other activities of data collection.
* Responds to Additional Documentation Requests/Denials as directed
by the regulatory affairs department.
* Participates in the interviewing, hiring, training and
development of clinical employees and patient services
* Assists with and coordinates training of appropriate staff to
ensure quality care, compliance, and fiscal responsibility.
* Instructs and guides clinicians to promote effective performance
and delivery of quality home care services and is always available
during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
* Monitors and evaluates employee performance, including through
on-site evaluations. Holds employees accountable for the attainment
of defined goals and objectives. Executes effective performance
redirection and corrective action when needed. Develops employees
through coaching, mentoring, and formal/on the job training and
* Works cooperatively with the Director of Operations on addressing
staffing, referral sources, physician and client concerns/needs.
Documents incidents or errors involving schedule problems and/or
any other concern as appropriate.
* Participates in the investigation and resolution of
* Partners with operations and business development staff in
meeting budgeted admission goals. Participates in sales and
* May function as Agency Administrator.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* Associate or Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
* Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
* One (1 ) year of RN experience in a Home Health or Hospice
* One (1 ) year of supervisory and/or management experience as a
Registered Nurse in a healthcare environment.
* Current CPR certification.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Inc, Gainesville , Clinical Manager - Registered Nurse - Clinical, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!