Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $79K-98K per year, Days
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Posted on: September 23, 2022
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med
Surg Manager for a nursing job in Gainesville, Florida.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days
- Employment Type: PermanentDescription IntroductionDo you have
the career opportunities as a(an) Manager Med Surg you want in your
current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you -
at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida North Florida
Hospital which is a part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Florida North
Florida Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
HCA Florida North Florida Hospital!Job Summary and
QualificationsJob Summary: To administer, analyze and appraise the
care given to patients within the Department. To advise the Acute
Care Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary
projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and
estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of
patient care. What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability
to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership,
supervision and management of staff.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and
managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive
manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which
results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned. What qualifications you will need:
- Florida RN licensure required
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Acute care experience required
- Management experience preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life SupportThis role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida North Florida Hospital is a 523-bed,
full-service medical and surgical acute care center. For over 49
years, we have served North Central Florida. We offer comprehensive
cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, and neurosciences. We
offer minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight
loss surgery and treatment. Other services that we provide include
women's health and wound therapy. We are fully accredited by the
Joint Commission and certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Our hospital has an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American
College of Cardiology) and is designated as a Blue Distinction
Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. We are committed to
patient safety and quality of care. We have received the highest
scores available in recognition of this commitment.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Manager Med
Surg opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will
be contacted by a member of our team.--We are interviewing apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.HCA Florida Healthcare
Job ID #1-INFOR-283372. Pay package is based on 8 hour shifts and
40 hours per week (subject to confirmation). Posted job title:
Manager Med SurgBenefits
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Gainesville , Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $79K-98K per year, Days, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!