Sr. Tax Director
Company: Select Energy Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Sr. Tax Director in Gainesville, TX at Select Energy Services
Business Unit: Corporate
Reports to: Chief Accounting OfficerTravel Requirement: NoJOB
DESCRIPTIONSelect is seeking a Sr. Tax Director that will be
successful in overseeing tax preparation while working with
businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals. This
position will focus on the company's tax compliance, tax planning
and accounting for income taxes. In addition, the Tax Director will
be working with the financial management within Select and
third-party service providers to ensure that all tax-related issues
are handled in a timely and accurate manner.The essential job
functions include, but are not limited to
- Oversee the preparation of the income tax provision of a public
company in accordance with ASC 740
- Oversee the timely preparation and review of federal, state,
and local income/franchise tax returns; including Forms 1120 and
- Oversee the indirect tax function, including sales/use tax,
personal and real property tax, and non-income tax filings
- Oversee federal and state income/franchise tax audits and state
sales/use tax exams
- Work with company management and other company personnel to
resolve tax questions
- Address federal and state tax notices as needed
- Assist with merger and acquisition activities, including due
diligence analyses and integration matters as neededOther
dutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.RequirementsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting
- Master's degree in accounting or taxation preferred
- 10 + years of federal and state tax experience; preferably
combination of Big four and industry experience
- Previous experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably oil
and gas service industry
- Strong partnership and corporate tax experience
- Experience with managing direct reportsAttributes
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change
and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and
engaged work environment.Compensation Information
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and
disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) PlanPhysical Demands and
- This position works inside a climate-controlled environment.
The Company will supply adequate training and equipment to perform
the functions of the job.
- Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
- Involves sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Needs high degree of concentration in a busy area.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.Affirmative Action/EEO
statementSelect is an equal opportunity employer. It is Select's
policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to
afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants
without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or
activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding
recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training,
advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions,
and privileges of employment are made without regard to any
lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.Clean
Air ActSelect requires all employees whose jobs may involve
environmental compliance to understand and comply with the U.S.
Environmental Protections Agency's Clean Air Act that regulates air
emissions from stationary and mobile sources. A copy of the Clean
Air Act can be provided to you upon request from Human
Resources.Select Energy Services participates in E-Verify and will
provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to
confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify
cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Select is required
to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security
Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before
the employer can take any action against you, including terminating
your employment. Select only uses E-Verify once you have accepted a
job offer and completed the Form I-9.We and our partners process
data to provide:Use precise geolocation data. Actively scan device
characteristics for identification. Store and/or access information
on a device. Personalised ads and content, ad and content
measurement, audience insights and product development.
Keywords: Select Energy Services, Gainesville , Sr. Tax Director, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!