Veterinary Practice Manager
Company: BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Posted on: September 7, 2018
BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital is hiring aVeterinary Practice Manager to work in our Jacksonville practice.
The ideal candidate will be one with multiple years in practice management and CVPM preferred, along with the ability to help develop and mentor our associates. We have an excellent team and we practice outstanding medicine. Come be a part of a winning team!
The Practice Manager is responsible for all aspects of non-clinical daily operations within a veterinary hospital, including human resources, financial management, marketing and client services, adherence to legal and ethical standards, and supervision and organization of the hospital.
Human Resources Management
- Recruit, interview and hire new associates
- Manage associate training and development, including safety training
- Establish work schedules for staff
- Manage daily work assignments
- Conduct staff meetings
- Conduct associate performance reviews
- Mediate internal disputes
- Discipline and discharge associates in conjunction with P&O Business Partner
- Maintain confidential associate records
- Motivate and engage the team to contribute to culture and morale.
- Partner with P&O support team regarding associate employment issues, always maintaining confidentiality.
- Assist Hospital Administrator with the Intern/Resident Program Orientation.
- Analyze hospital and financial reports
- Manage to operational budget for payroll and partner with Support team to ensure timely and accurate payroll, manually entering any corrections or adjustments
- Enforce client credit policies
- Oversee daily and monthly banking procedures
- Maintain chart of accounts and petty cash account
- Marketing and Client Service
- Manage community outreach
- Handle client complaints
- Obtain and report client feedback on service
- Respond to client questions
Law and Ethics
- Understand and ensure compliance with OSHA, DEA and FDA, and applicable state and local agencies
- Monitor hospital violations and dangerous situations
- Document and report accidents
- Understand and ensure compliance with Employment/Labor Law, including: Fair Labor Standards Act, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Sexual Harassment, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family and Medical Leave and Worker's Compensation.
Supervision and Organization of the Hospital
- Maintain inventory including controlled substance ordering, tracking, security and destruction
- Follow protocols for daily facility maintenance and partner with Support regarding repair and maintenance of equipment, building and grounds
- Serves as liaison between the hospital and support team
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline or equivalent experience is required
- 4+ years of job-specific experience in a management role within the veterinary industry or equivalent hospital setting required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager (CVPM) preferred
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capability to organize work efficiently, set priorities and establish plans or timetables for achieving goals
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader capable of influencing and motivating others to success toward a common goal
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Previous experience using UltiPro software desirable
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be available to travel to other hospital locations as necessary
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
BluePearl offers health benefits options, competitive compensation, flexible hours, scrub allowance, opportunity to bring your dog to work, additional training, and unlimited growth potential!
ike us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Keywords: BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Gainesville , Veterinary Practice Manager, Executive , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!