RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager Free Standing ER- West End Job
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Welcome to our new Freestanding Emergency Room. Our new
state-of-the-art emergency room offers a full range of capabilities
- from pediatric to adult care, and provides the same level of
excellent emergency care as North Florida Regionals Main Campus
Emergency Room. Experience compassionate, quality healthcare from
the same team you know and trust, in a new, convenient location.We
are committed to enriching our community through extraordinary
healthcare for both adult and pediatric emergency patients, and
significantly shorter wait times.The Freestanding Emergency Room
West End is located with quick and convenient access at the corner
of W. Newberry Road and 122nd Street, often referred to as Parker
Road. It offers comfortable waiting areas and the same excellent
diagnostic and treatment equipment available at North Florida
Regional Medical Center.Our freestanding Emergency Room facility
was designed with the convenience and accommodation of patients in
mind, as well as the latest in medical technology to ensure comfort
during a stressful Emergency situation. Nurse Manager Freestanding
Emergency Room - West End
Position Summary: FREE-STANDING EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT - West End
(12311 Newberry Rd Newberry, FL 32669) Responsible for the direct
and indirect nursing care for patients on the Clinical Unit.
Additionally, in collaboration with the Director, is responsible
for the quality of nursing care provided consistent with the
philosophy, goals, and objectives of the organization. Provides
leadership and management of the staff in the implementation of the
nursing process. Participates in and materially influences the
selection, development, discipline, and evaluation of staff.
- Correlates theoretical knowledge with clinical practice by
using Nursing Process.
- Cooperates with other health team members in achieving common
goal of quality health care and supporting all quality
- Adheres to legal responsibilities as written in The State of
Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Conducts self as professional role model and serves as clinical
consultant for staff.
- Demonstrates effective leadership for staff in the clinical
- Responsible for daily staffing of the unit (as designated by
the Director) to meet the patient care needs.
- Assists the Director in maintaining the unit budget.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in adherence to
staffing guidelines and utilization of Facility Scheduler.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in the management
of utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the data collection, preparation and
presentation of employee performance evaluations in conjunction
with the Director.
- Participates in the development and presentation of staff
- Responsible for orientation, in-service training and continuing
education of all persons in the department/service.
- Plans and supervises an individualized orientation for new
- Determines need and provides for in-service and continuing
education of staff.
- Identifies, discusses and participates in the resolution of
patient and departmental needs/issues through the:
- Performance of daily patient rounds
- Maintains collegial and collaborative physician
- Participation in weekly discharge planning conferences.
- Evaluation of clinical performance of staff.
- Counsels employees and provides documentation of exemplary and
unsatisfactory work performance in a timely manner, assuring
- Fosters an environment of engaged employees, who are committed
to service excellence.
- Establishes trust, respect and open communications among staff
and customer groups.
- Serves as a role model for establishing and achieving
appropriate work priorities.
- Shares responsibility, recognition and ownership of team goals
and results.Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN & MSN
preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: 2 to 3 years hospital
clinical nursing experience plus 1 year of supervisory experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated skills in
organization, verbal and written communications, customer service,
math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer
usage. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: RN license in the State of Florida.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disabilitybenefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
Keywords: HCA., Gainesville , RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager Free Standing ER- West End Job, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!