RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager Cardiac Services Job
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered
around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida North Florida
Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service
medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central
Florida and offering comprehensive , , , , , , , and , among other
services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified
as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The
Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated
as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement,
Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in
Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional
Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America
(HCA). Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally
managed facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119
freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain. Nurse
Manager Cardiac Services POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the
direct and indirect nursing care for patients on the Clinical Unit.
Additionally, in collaboration with the Director, is responsible
for the quality of nursing care provided consistent with the
philosophy, goals, and objectives of the organization. Provides
leadership and management of the staff in the implementation of the
nursing process. Participates in and materially influences the
selection, development, discipline, and evaluation of staff.
- Correlates theoretical knowledge with clinical practice by
using Nursing Process.
- Cooperates with other health team members in achieving common
goal of quality health care and supporting all quality
- Adheres to legal responsibilities as written in The State of
Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Conducts self as professional role model and serves as clinical
consultant for staff.
- Demonstrates effective leadership for staff in the clinical
- Responsible for daily staffing of the unit (as designated by
the Director) to meet the patient care needs.
- Assists the Director in maintaining the unit budget.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in adherence to
staffing guidelines and utilization of Facility Scheduler.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in the management
of utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the data collection, preparation and
presentation of employee performance evaluations in conjunction
with the Director.
- Participates in the development and presentation of staff
- Responsible for orientation, in-service training and continuing
education of all persons in the department/service.
- Plans and supervises an individualized orientation for new
- Determines need and provides for in-service and continuing
education of staff.
- Identifies, discusses and participates in the resolution of
patient and departmental needs/issues through the:
- Performance of daily patient rounds
- Maintains collegial and collaborative physician
- Participation in weekly discharge planning conferences.
- Evaluation of clinical performance of staff.
- Counsels employees and provides documentation of exemplary and
unsatisfactory work performance in a timely manner, assuring
- Fosters an environment of engaged employees, who are committed
to service excellence.
- Establishes trust, respect and open communications among staff
and customer groups.
- Serves as a role model for establishing and achieving
appropriate work priorities.
- Shares responsibility, recognition and ownership of team goals
and resultsQualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN & MSN
preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: 2 to 3 years hospital
clinical nursing experience plus 1 year of supervisory experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated skills in
organization, verbal and written communications, customer service,
math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer
usage. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: RN license in the State of Florida.
Your benefits include: 401k Paid Time Off
Keywords: HCA., Gainesville , RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager Cardiac Services Job, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!