LPN (F/T) (Lake City,FL)
Location: Lake City
Posted on: February 24, 2021
CORRECTIONAL NURSING! Best Kept Secret in Nursing At CoreCivic
we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is
currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses who have a passion for
providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The
Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the performances of
basic nursing duties to include execution of physician orders,
operation of pill call, operation of sick call, and assisting the
physician in examinations and treatments and performs
technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her license.
Assists in the professional management of the facility medical
department. The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL
of the following functions at a pace and level of performance
consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents;
prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare
examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, dispense medication and document as required
by applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Control medication, syringes and other medical supplies or
equipment and inventory as required by established procedures.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical
records. More about CoreCivic! Headquartered in Nashville,
Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the
leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that
quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real
solutions that provide value to government and the people they
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices
settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate
into society and keep communities safe. With opportunities in
correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a
position that's perfect for you. Each CoreCivic facility is like a
small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining
halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers,
health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units,
administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide
hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day.
Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are
able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security
around the clock. CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays,
401(k) with company match and paid training!
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a certificate
as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must be licensed in the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 19 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Associated topics: hemodialysis, lead, licensed vocational, lvn
lpn, med surg, mtp, nurse i, nurse ii, nurse iii, pediatrics
Keywords: CoreCivic, Gainesville , LPN (F/T) (Lake City,FL), Healthcare , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!