RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager Med/Surg CDU Job
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered
around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida North Florida
Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service
medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central
Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology ,
orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and
robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , senior care ,
women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven
leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive
Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission,
is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue
Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery
and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top
100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a
member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Based in
Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed
facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding
surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain. Nurse Manager
Med/Surg - Clinical Decision Unit
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the direct and indirect nursing
care for patients on the Clinical Unit. Additionally, in
collaboration with the Director, is responsible for the quality of
nursing care provided consistent with the philosophy, goals, and
objectives of the organization. Provides leadership and management
of the staff in the implementation of the nursing process.
Participates in and materially influences the selection,
development, discipline, and evaluation of staff.
- Correlates theoretical knowledge with clinical practice by
using Nursing Process.
- Cooperates with other health team members in achieving common
goal of quality health care and supporting all quality
- Adheres to legal responsibilities as written in The State of
Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Conducts self as professional role model and serves as clinical
consultant for staff.
- Demonstrates effective leadership for staff in the clinical
- Responsible for daily staffing of the unit (as designated by
the Director) to meet the patient care needs.
- Assists the Director in maintaining the unit budget.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in adherence to
staffing guidelines and utilization of Facility Scheduler.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in the management
of utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the data collection, preparation and
presentation of employee performance evaluations in conjunction
with the Director.
- Participates in the development and presentation of staff
- Responsible for orientation, in-service training and continuing
education of all persons in the department/service.
- Plans and supervises an individualized orientation for new
- Determines need and provides for in-service and continuing
education of staff.
- Identifies, discusses and participates in the resolution of
patient and departmental needs/issues through the:
- Performance of daily patient rounds
- Maintains collegial and collaborative physician
- Participation in weekly discharge planning conferences.
- Evaluation of clinical performance of staff.
- Counsels employees and provides documentation of exemplary and
unsatisfactory work performance in a timely manner, assuring
- Fosters an environment of engaged employees, who are committed
to service excellence.
- Establishes trust, respect and open communications among staff
and customer groups.
- Serves as a role model for establishing and achieving
appropriate work priorities.
- Shares responsibility, recognition and ownership of team goals
and results.Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN & MSN
preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: 2 to 3 years hospital
clinical nursing experience plus 1 year of supervisory experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated skills in
organization, verbal and written communications, customer service,
math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer
usage. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: RN license in the State of Florida.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disabilitybenefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program Notice Our Company's recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
Keywords: HCA., Gainesville , RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nurse Manager Med/Surg CDU Job, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!