Registered Nurse Charge - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It's a calling. By
choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise. Our nurses are redefining the way correctional health
care is delivered every day. They're on the frontlines of patient
care, helping patients in person. As an RN you will provide and
coordinate patient care, educate patients about various health
conditions. From performing and interpreting diagnostic tests to
providing one-on-one education to patients, when you're a nurse at
Corizon Health, you play an integral role in the health and
well-being of the correctional community. And you work alongside
passionate individuals in a patient-focused, autonomous and
supportive environment that inspires you to grow your skills and
advance your career. Below is a list of your responsibilities as a
night shift nurse (6:30pm-7:00am)Registered Nurse (RN) with Corizon
Health at Alachua County Jail located in Gainesville, Florida: A
$5,000 bonus is being offered for this position.
- Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, administers the
nursing program in the Health Care Unit; directly supervises one
shift and shares 24-hour responsibility for all nursing and
- Participates in the recruitment and orientation of new nursing
personnel. Actively participates in in-service training programs
and staff meetings.
- Requires critical thinking, organizational, decisive judgment,
communication, good customer service skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate actions as needed.
- Must follow Corizon and departmental policies and procedures at
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies,
procedures, rules and regulations of the Health Care Unit; confers
with the Director of Nursing in matters of policy and program
- Schedules evaluation conferences for non-supervisory nursing
personnel and participate in their performance evaluations on a
regularly scheduled basis. Collaborates with physicians and other
members of the interdisciplinary team to develop and initiate
- Supervises the preparation of records of nursing care and other
treatments given patients. Plans and supervises the implementation
of various nursing care techniques. Supervises the emergency
medical care given in accordance with written policies of
- Serve as liaison between nursing staff, and Director of Nursing
to relay pertinent information, to serve as consultant with problem
solving relative to improving health care delivery.
- Responsible for security of medications, supplies and
equipment. Prepare and submit daily, monthly and annual medical
records and reports as requested to the administrative staff.
- Attend staff and administrative meetings as requested. Other
duties as assigned.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Corizon Benefits (only applicable for
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible professional
experience; or BS in Nursing with two years of professional
experience, or a Masters Degree with one year professional
- Registered Nurse licensure in state of employment or compact
state, license must be in good standing.
- Graduation from an approved nursing education program with a
diploma or an Associate Degree in Nursing.
- CPR certification.
- Knowledge of specific state laws and regulations governing
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical
competencies to demonstrate clinical aptitude. A background check,
security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Keywords: Corizon Health, Gainesville , Registered Nurse Charge - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!