Clinical Nurse Educator Med/Surg - Gainesville, FL - Educator
Company: North Florida Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Description SHIFT: No WeekendsSCHEDULE: Full-timeNorth Florida
Regional--is a 510-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute
care center serving North Central Florida for over 49 years. NFRMC
offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics,
neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery,
weight loss surgery and treatment, women's health and wound
therapy, among other services. NFRMC is fully accredited by the
Joint Commission, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, an
Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American College of
Cardiology), and is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for
Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. NFRMC has also received the
highest scores available recognizing their commitment to patient
safety and quality of care.
RN Clinical Educator - Medical Surgical
The Clinical Professional Development Educator enhances
professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by
providing evidence-based quality educational programs and
activities that promote professional competency for nursing,
inter-professional, and non-licensed clinical staff at the assigned
- Participates in the development, coordination, managing,
facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and
orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee
- Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive
learning environment. Incorporates organizational values/culture
into the orientation process.
- Promotes cost effectiveness through implementation of efficient
- Serves as a role model for organizational and personal
commitment to new employee success.
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator concerning the
logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Professional
Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results.
- Participates in the development, coordination, and management
of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency.
- Comprehends and interprets competencies to staff. Serves as a
role model for competent practice.
- Identifies learning needs of staff and assesses practice gaps,
comparing competencies to actual practice. Plans educational
content with learner engagement.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Market Director to
review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management
- Identifies appropriate resources for problem solving.
- Designs and identifies educational activities to address
practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed
and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and
division clinical education request and development
- Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes related to
identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge,
skill and practice.----Plans educational content delivery that
encourages learner engagement.
- Collaborates with Clinical Education Market Director to
evaluate and adjust educational programs based on evaluations and
- Utilizes the educational process to improve professional
practice and promote safe, compassionate, quality patient
- Incorporates organizational values/culture in educational
programs, ensuring alignment with organization's
policies/procedures and compliance with regulatory
- Demonstrates an understanding of adult educational theory and
the ability to apply evaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick)
into courses and curriculum to refine clinical programs.
- Supports new ideas and innovation in educational design.
Utilizes current best evidence.
- Identifies resources for problem solving. Provides staff with
resources and education to implement changes.
Research Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
- Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to continuously
improve practice.-- Conducts, encourages, facilitates, and/or
participates in research, EBP, and QI in patient care
- Supports research activities that align with the organizational
strategic plan. Disseminates research findings through educational
programs, courses, and other activities.
- Works with others to identify problems and solutions and
collaboratively design and implement the change strategy. Exhibits
creativity and flexibility through times of change.
- Embraces meaningful change and fosters acceptance, adoption and
action toward change in others.
- Creates a supportive environment for nursing research,
scientific inquiry, quality improvement, and evidence-based
practice. Identifies appropriate evidence to guide practice
- Maintains and sustains practice changes using principles of
Professional Role Development
- Identifies and develops strategies to facilitate a continuous
process of maturation through lifelong learning.
- Utilizes novice-to-expert continuum when developing staff.
Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and
- Assists staff to identify areas for individual growth in
current role. Promotes the achievement of specialty
- Provides expertise in identifying professional development
needs of individual staff. Directs staff to career advancement
- Participates in lifelong learning to promote continuing
- Contributes insights and feedback for succession planning.
- Monitors the practices or operations with reference to laws,
regulations, guidelines, or industry practices to assess
compliance, risk, or exposure while communicating key performance
indicators for the clinical education service line within the
- Ensures that the clinical education team develops educational
content that meets the accreditation standards of the Joint
Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, and similar organizations from an
- Assumes accountability for delivery of clinical education
services and practices that create a patient-centered organization,
driven by customer feedback and data.--
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of quality clinical
education content and programs to drive improved clinical
- Contributes and works collaboratively with division and
facility education team to support hospital-wide improvement in
meeting core measures, patient safety, and service excellence goals
through clinical education.
- Participates in providing simulation models in the simulation
- Fosters a Service Excellence culture.
- Identifies opportunities to support improvement in internal or
external customer satisfaction and/or patient experience.
- Inspires pride in HCA and organizational outcomes by developing
a superior clinical identity and a culture of excellence which
inspires higher expectations for care in physicians, nurses, and
- Assumes accountability for promoting consistent, positive
patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled
- Establishes a culture of accountability for effectively
managing expenses and delivering cost-effective healthcare in the
- Supports strategic planning and business development within the
clinical education area of responsibility, including technology
advances and other opportunities to drive differentiation and
support the growth agenda.
- Represents the organization positively within the community;
participates in company-supported community/patient events and
- Supports external relationships which advance the
organization's position within the community, to grow the business
and improve the health of communities served.
- Stays abreast of regulatory changes, emerging technology, and
advancements in healthcare delivery.
- Stays abreast of external factors and opportunities impacting
healthcare, including political, legislative and regulatory
changes, emerging technologies, and advancements in healthcare
delivery.-- Understands the competitive landscape.-- Supports the
organization in strategic positioning to respond to changing
healthcare dynamics and market environments.
- Participates with the division education team to contribute to
the development of long- and short-range operational and capital
budgets aligned to business objectives.
- Provides requested data for assigned facility to assist in
completing monthly operations; provides information on variances
and action plans to address gaps.
- Understands impact on department performance in accordance with
established budget, including the utilization of staffing,
supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in the annual budget process, providing input into
assigned facility expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and
equipment needs. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and
implements actions to achieve savings.
- 5+ years' experience in an acute care setting Required
- 3+ years' experience in clinical education Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or
other clinical field Required
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other
clinical field Preferred
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision
packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits
package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of
our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Equal Opportunity Employee/ EOE
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: North Florida Regional Medical Center, Gainesville , Clinical Nurse Educator Med/Surg - Gainesville, FL - Educator, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!