Uncertified Surgical Tech FT Days East Orlando Outpatient
Company: AdventHealth East Orlando
Posted on: January 12, 2022
DescriptionYOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR
APPLICATION! - Uncertified Surgical Technician - AdventHealth -
East Orlando Outpatient Location Address: - 7727 Lake Underhill Rd
Orlando, FL 32822 Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - East
- 265 bed community hospital has been serving East Orlando
residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a
vital need in a fast-growing area
- A recent 200,000 square foot expansion project upgraded the
hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new
private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
- Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
- Immediate Benefits Work Hours/Shift: - -Full Time Days variable
between 7:00am-5:00pm, no call Qualifications Job Summary: Surgical
technologists are an integral part of the team of medical
practitioners providing surgical care to patients. Surgical
technologists work under the supervision and delegatory authority
of an RN and / or surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective
conduct of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring
that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment
functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted
under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical
technologists are experts in the theory and application of the
principles of asepsis and sterile technique to combine the
knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation
and tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance
of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Adheres to the
AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and
accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all. What You Will Need:
- Graduate from school of surgical technology, LPN program, RN
program, completion of a military training program that includes
surgical technology skills or on the job training for surgical
technology with 5 years of experience in an acute care OR
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Basic aseptic/sterile technique skills
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation You Will Be Responsible
For: Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's core Values of
Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies,
and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Demonstrates
an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates
the needs of the surgeon. Has the necessary knowledge and ability
to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and
is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Preoperatively the surgical technologist gathers, checks and
opens supplies and equipment needed for the surgical procedure.
Anticipates additional instrumentation, equipment and supplies for
usage during the procedure and ensures all items are functional and
- Maintains strict aseptic technique and monitors all team
members at the field and all activities to ensure no breaks in
technique. This includes performance of the surgical hand scrub,
donning gown and gloves, setting up of the sterile field, and
draping for the procedure. Follows CDC isolation guidelines,
appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to
- Performs instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the
circulator as per policy.
- Participates in the surgical site and patient verification
during the time out procedure. - Speaks up if there are any
discrepancies or concerns for the patient. -
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon by passing instruments and
supplies to surgeon during procedure.
- Measures and passes medications, hemostatic agents and
irrigation solutions utilized during the surgical procedure. -
Follows all policies for safe medication handling and labeling.
- Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
Ensures point of use cleaning is done throughout the procedure and
prepares instrumentation for transport to decontamination
- Assists other members of the team with cleaning of room and in
prepping the OR for the next patient. - Remains cognizant of
turnover time goals and works to limit case delays. Directs
ancillary personnel participating in room turnover. - -
- Assists the surgeon and/or qualified first assistant during the
operative procedure by carrying out tasks including sponging,
suctioning, cutting suture, holding retractors, and manipulating
the endoscopic camera. For robotically trained surgical
technologist only: loads instrumentation into robotic arms.
- The surgical technologist assisting in circulating under the
direction of the RN, obtains additional instruments, supplies, and
equipment necessary while the surgical procedure is in progress.
Monitors conditions in the operating room and constantly assesses
the needs of the patient and surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical
environment. - Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation,
training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. - Takes appropriate action in
emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which
may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. - Identifies and
reports environmental concerns to the management team. - Ensures
adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and policy and
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance
improvement activities. - Supports quality standards and
initiatives set by the department. - Adheres to all policies and
- Supports the customer and employee satisfaction activities of
the organization. - Maintains good relationships with physicians,
management, other departments and staff. - Investigates and
responds to complaints in a timely manner. This facility is an
equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and
local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth East Orlando, Gainesville , Uncertified Surgical Tech FT Days East Orlando Outpatient, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!