Dental Hygienist- $5000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Coast Dental
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job DetailsJob LocationFL - Newberry Square - Gainesville,
FLPosition TypeHygienistEducation Level2 Year DegreeJob Shift*Full
TimeDescriptionAre you looking to work for a practice that offers
stability and operates with integrity? Would you like to work for a
dentist with an excellent reputation in the community and among
dental peers?Look no further. Coast Dental & Orthodontics follows
COVID-19 CDC Guidelines and ADA recommendations and makes every
effort to create and maintain an environment that is safe for our
team and patients. We provide PPE that includes high volume
evacuation devices for intraoral use, face shields, N95 masks,
along with gowns, hair bouffant, feet/shoe coverings and gloves.
Plus, we allow 15 minutes after every patient to properly clean and
disinfect operatories.Who is Coast Dental?We are a family
established, owned, and operated DSO (that means dental service
organization if you were curious), so we arent your typical cookie
cutter dental corporation. At Coast Dental, you are part of a
family, the kind you dont want to rush away from after a long
Thanksgiving dinner.We can tell you why were great, but our
long-standing team members are the real testament. Why do they
stay? Because we invest in them and their continuing education and
personal growth. And, because we like to have fun while working
hard in a respectful environment.Registered Dental Hygienists are
assigned duties and responsibilities which involve licensed
professional work in providing dental hygiene services. A
registered dental hygienist implements appropriate standard of care
therapy, assists a dentist in providing hygiene, periodontal or
dental care and treatment, provides dental hygiene assessments,
creates treatment plans based on dentists diagnosis, and conducts
oral and overall health care education and instruction to
patients.As a Coast Registered Dental Hygienist, youll be eligible
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual retention bonus
- Product bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Paid time off
- Health, life, vision, and pet insurance
- Dental discount plan
- Opportunities for advancement
- Additional perks!Duties and ResponsibilitiesRegistered Dental
Hygienists will perform the following:
- Assess patients teeth, bone, and periodontal tissues indicating
the presence of any abnormalities or suspected diseases or
- Creates periodontal treatment plans based on dentists
- Bring to the immediate attention of the dentist any suspected
lesion in the mouth or on the teeth.
- Thoroughly remove soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stain
from teeth, using hand instruments, ultrasonic cavitron inserts and
- Instruct patients how to practice good oral hygiene; make
recommendations as to appropriate products or devices for patients
home care; and provide other health care education, as
- Perform prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or
- Perform full mouth debridement, either as a first stage
gingivitis therapy or to remove interfering calculus to further
enable a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Perform root planning as a periodontal therapy.
- Place locally-administered antibiotics as supportive
- Implement irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products
as adjunctive to periodontal therapy.
- Expose, develop and mount dental x-rays (intraoral and
- Perform In-Office Whitening procedures, including applying
gingival isolation, subsequent bleaching gel, and curing gel. Note:
The hygienist is unable to apply the first application of bleaching
gel. The dentist must perform this.
- Apply cavity-preventive agents, such as fluorides and pit and
- Make recommendations as to patients recare interval and
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned and allowed
under applicable state laws and
- Dental hygienists must be licensed and in good standing with
the State of Florida.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in dental hygiene.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary
resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Dental hygienists must be willing to partner with the dentist,
work well as part of the total dental team and should have good eye
sight and manual dexterity, because they use dental instruments
within a patients mouth, with little room for error.Working
ConditionsDental hygienists work in clean, well-lit offices.
Important health safeguards include strict adherence to proper
radiological procedures, infection control protocols and the use of
appropriate protective devices when administering anesthetic gas or
working in the dental laboratory.Dental hygienists must also wear
safety glasses, surgical masks, full arm length gowns/lab coats,
and gloves to protect themselves and patients from infectious
diseases during all patient care. Open-toe shoes are forbidden,
long hair is recommended to be pulled back and finger nails are to
be kept short and tidy for all dental hygienists in treatment
Keywords: Coast Dental, Gainesville , Dental Hygienist- $5000 Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!