Certified Surgical Tech FT 1p-9p Apopka
Company: AdventHealth Apopka
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR
APPLICATION! - Certified Surgical Technician - AdventHealth -
Apopka Location Address: - 2100 Ocoee Apopka Rd Apopka, FL 32703
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Apopka
- 7 story 120 bed hospital offering an extensive range of
services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical
suites and a catherization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000 square foot emergency
department with pediatric friendly beds, imaging services, a full
service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and an on-site fire
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50 bed
hospital that AdventHealth operated in downtown Apopka for more
than four decades
- Immediate Benefits
- Up to $5000 Sign On Work Hours/Shift: - -Full Time Evenings
1:00pm-9:00pm. Plus, Call Required. Must be flexible with shifts
QualificationsJob Summary: Under general supervision, a surgical
scrub technician/nurse assists with the patient care in surgery by
performance of technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a
member of the surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to
surgical patients of age specific groups identified in the unit
standards of care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to
the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and
accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all. - What You Will Need:
- Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology
and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for
Competency Testing (NCCT). - Completion of a RN training program
will be accepted in place of certification.
- BLS Certification
- If LPN, must have current, valid State of Florida license as a
Licensed Professional Nurse. - Additional Surgical Technician
certification not required.
- Basic aseptic/sterile technique skills
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation You Will Be Responsible
For: Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's core Values of
Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs
of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any
needs throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment,
and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the
facilitation of cost savings and containment.
- In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe
and appropriate operating room turnover times. - Directs ancillary
personnel participating in room turnover. - - Provides assistance
and support as needed to members of the surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical
environment. - Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation,
training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. - Takes appropriate action in
emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which
may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. - Identifies and
reports environmental concerns to the management team. - Ensures
adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and
performs hand washing according to policy. - Strictly adheres to
all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic
technique of the entire surgical team. - Takes immediate corrective
action for breaks in technique. This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Apopka, Gainesville , Certified Surgical Tech FT 1p-9p Apopka, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!