Paramedic West FSED
Posted on: May 12, 2022
SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends) SCHEDULE: Full-time Located
:HCA Florida West End Emergency, A part of HCA Florida North
Florida Hospital Welcome to our new Freestanding Emergency Room.
Our new state-of-the-art emergency room offers a full range of
capabilities - from pediatric to adult care, and provides the same
level of excellent emergency care as North Florida Regional's Main
Campus Emergency Room. Experience compassionate, quality healthcare
from the same team you know and trust, in a new, convenient
location. We are committed to enriching our community through
extraordinary healthcare for both adult and pediatric emergency
patients, and significantly shorter wait times. The Freestanding
Emergency Room West End is located with quick and convenient access
at the corner of W. Newberry Road and 122nd Street, often referred
to as Parker Road. It offers comfortable waiting areas and the same
excellent diagnostic and treatment equipment available at HCA
Florida North Florida Hospital Our freestanding Emergency Room
facility was designed with the convenience and accommodation of
patients in mind, as well as the latest in medical technology to
ensure comfort during a stressful Emergency situation. You are
worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar: 401(k) with
an employer match up to 9% Employee Stock Purchase Plan Student
Loan Assistance Tuition Reimbursement Paid Family Leave Medical
Plan Options, Dental & Vision And much more! PARAMEDIC- Full Time
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Responsible for patient care under the direct
supervision of a Registered Nurse. * Gives catheter care.
* takes and records vital signs accurately within the shift.
* Keeps correct intake and output.
* Rounds every hour to anticipate patient needs.
* Obtains and labels specimens accurately.
* Alters patient's position Q2 or as assigned.
* Applied binders, restraints, ice bags, K-pads as delegated by the
* Answers call lights immediately
* Assists with toileting needs.
* Assists patient in.out of beds, chairs, or wheelchairs.
* Gives accurate report of care provided and patients' response to
RN Team Leader.
* Assists with preventative measures for compromised skin
* Keeps room orderly for safe patient environment.
* Assists with Post Mortem Care.
* Ensures each patient's general hygiene needs are met daily.
* Immediately disposes of bio-medical and hazardous waste in
labeled bio-medical/bio-hazardous waste container.
* Documents specific patient valuables on designated form when
received and immediately contacts security.
* Performs dressing changes as directed by RN.
* Collects and labels specimens for diagnostic.
* Performs bedside blood glucose monitoring.
* Starts peripheral IV's with saline lock.
* Starts Foley catheter as ordered.
* Performs blood draws as ordered.
* Performs point of care testing as ordered. Qualifications
Required Job Qualifications Include: Education: * High School
graduate or GED preferred
* Ability to read, write, and understand written and oral
instruction. Experience: * 6 Months of Paramedic experience.
Licensure/Certification: * State of Florida EMT-P Certification
* BLS and ACLS through American Heart Association
* PALS and PEPP are preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: *
Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written
communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, follow
instruction, basic computer usage. EMT-P Clinical Skills. An EEO/AA
Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus Notice Our Company's
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1. Apply
Keywords: HCA, Gainesville , Paramedic West FSED, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!