Location: Lake City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Lake City Medical Center, a 91-bed acute care hospital serving the
communities of Columbia, Hamilton and Suwannee counties for over 60
years. Lake City Medical Center is part of HCA Healthcare North
Florida offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour
emergency care, heart care, interventional cardiology, orthopedics,
cancer care, imaging and rehabilitation services. Lake City Medical
Center is an Accredited Primary Stroke Center by The Joint
Commission, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College
of Cardiology, and has achieved Disease Specific Certification in
the treatment of Sepsis by the Joint Commission. We have been named
the area's Best of the Best Hospital 20 years in a row and employer
of choice in 2019 by the Lake City-Columbia County Chamber of
To provide care to patients under the direction of the RN,
utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy,
goals, and objectives of LCMC.
- Administers and evaluates prescribed medications to patients in
accordance with hospital policies and practice guidelines. Monitors
patient for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes
as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to
- Inserts and maintains IVs, after meeting training requirements
and demonstrating competency.
- Escalates situations requiring care beyond the scope or
practice of an LVN/LPN.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective
use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Observes, reports, and documents the patient's physiological
and psychological status, informing a physician or Clinical
Coordinator of any incongruence in the above.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduated from School of Practical Nursing or Vo-tech training
- State of Florida LPN License required
- BLS required
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire
- PALS required within 90 days of hire
- IV Certification within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transcribe physician's orders
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA, Gainesville , LPN, Healthcare , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!