Company: West Point Optical LLC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe below Job Description is intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by associates
assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, and is subject to changes and exceptions at the
discretion of senior management. JOB TITLE: Managing
OptometristFLSA STATUS: Hourly; Non-ExemptREPORTS TO: CEOPOSITION
PURPOSE: Provide stellar patient care through proper diagnosis and
treatment of conditions and diseases of the human eye and visual
system. Examine eyes and visual system, diagnose problems or
impairments, prescribe corrective lenses, and provide treatment.
Prescribe therapeutic drugs to treat specific eye
conditions.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The duties noted
below are considered to be essential job functions for one of the
following reasons: performance of the duty is why the job exists,
failure to perform the duty may have serious consequences, limited
number of employees available to perform duty, or the duty requires
- Prescribe medications, low vision rehabilitation, vision
therapy, spectacle lenses, and contact lenses.
- Counsel patients regarding surgical and non-surgical options
that meet their visual needs related to their occupations,
avocations, and lifestyle.
- Doctors must uncover patient's eye wear needs and make product
recommendations that will help them see their best and protect the
health of their eyes.
- Provide vision services; eye exams.
- Treat conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and
- Prescribe and fit eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Provide low vision aids and vision therapy.
- Diagnose eye conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular
degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and conjunctivitis.
- Prescribe medications for certain eye conditions; as allowed
according to State guidelines.
- Participate in pre- or post-operative care for people who need
- Effectively communicate with patients to get detailed case
- Offer advice and reassurance to patients about vision-related
- Write referral communications to doctors.
- Act as a liaison with other medical practitioners when needed
and share in the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic
- Effectively transition patients to the optical in order to
communicate information about the patient's prescription to the
Optician or eye wear consultant.
- Meet sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact
lenses. QUALIFICATIONS:Competencies and Education
- Business acumen, self-discipline, and the ability to deal
tactfully with patients.
- Strong attention to detail and manual dexterity.
- Doctor of Optometry degree from an accredited optometry
- Successful completion of the National Board examination and a
National, Regional, or State clinical examination.
Keywords: West Point Optical LLC, Gainesville , Optometrist-, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!