Lead Medical Technologist (Hematology) - Lake City, Florida - Medical Technologist
Company: Malcom Randall Department of Veterans Affairs Medi
Location: Lake City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Lead Medical Technologist (Hematology) - Lake City, Florida
Lead Medical Technologist, Series 0644, GS-11, Statement of Major
- The incumbent serves as a Lead Medical Technologist that works
primarily in the Hematology Section within the Pathology and
- Works primarily on dayshift with rotating holidays and
- The Lead Medical Technologist is proficient in performing both
routine and specialized work in Hematology laboratory with full
technical competence and independence.
- Performs a broad range of laboratory procedures included within
the medical technologist occupation. Organizes work and sets
priorities to meet deadlines.
- Evaluates and solves problems related to collection and
processing of biological specimens for analysis, taking into
account physiologic processes and requirements.
- Knowledge of unique handling requirements of specimens
including urines, CBC, coagulation, body fluids and understanding
of the procedures for performing all of the tests offered by the
- Maintains and documents the optimal functioning of laboratory
equipment uses, calibrates, identifies malfunctions, repairs and
performs preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment.
Diagnosis deviations in test performance due to instrument
- Performs and documents quality control and assurance activities
and corrective actions related to test performance using
statistical principles and theories of performance
- Responsible for entering and verifying laboratory results in
the computer system.
- Answers inquiries regarding test results, methodology, test
specificity, test sensitivity, and specific factors, including test
results. Interprets results and suggests follow-up test selection
- Incorporates principles of educational methodology in the
instruction and training of new employees and students and in the
laboratory's in-service/continuing education program.
- Is responsible as a primary source of information for
maintaining current instrumentation, as well as in the evaluation
of new and evolving developments in laboratory instrument and
- Adheres to practices and regulations governing biosafety and
biosecurity in the workplace.
- Communicates effectively and courteously while working as a
healthcare team member. Provides excellent service as defined by
the customer (healthcare providers, patients, and others). Gives
direction and guidance using underlying principles of laboratory
- Ensures compliance with rules and regulations agencies such as
CAP and JHACO.
- Act as a liason to other services of the medical center for
appropriate laboratory specialty area.
- Participate in training of new personnel and continuing
- Is responsible for the oversight of the hematology
- Performs other duties as assigned.
M-F 8am-4:30pm rotating weekends and holidays
Keywords: Malcom Randall Department of Veterans Affairs Medi, Gainesville , Lead Medical Technologist (Hematology) - Lake City, Florida - Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!