Clinical Supervisor - RN
Location: Lake City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
CORRECTIONAL NURSING! Best Kept Secret in NursingAt CoreCivic,
we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is
currently seeking Clinical Supervisors (RN) who have a passion for
providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The
Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and
supervision of clinical nursing practice in the facility's medical
program based on corporate goals, objectives and philosophy in
compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws,
regulations and standards of patient care. The successful applicant
should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace
and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance
- Report directly to the Warden/Facility Administrator or Health
Service Administrator for daily clinical operations within the
- Manage and supervise daily nursing/clinical
- Supervise nursing and non-licensed health care providers in the
performance of their duties and evaluate as prescribed by the
facility and corporate policy. This includes, but is not limited
to, training new employees; evaluating performance and preparing
written performance appraisals; listening to complaints and
effectively resolving disputes or problems; taking corrective or
disciplinary action; developing work schedules for subordinates;
and approving leave requests.
- Provide direct patient care as indicated within scope of
licensure; apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and
treatment of inmates/residents.
- Provide for adequate staffing at the facility; fill in as
needed during periods of short staffing; may perform nursing duties
including, but not limited to, executing physician's orders,
assisting physicians in examinations or treatment, dispensing and
administering medications, treating emergencies and screening
patients for referrals, and performing intakes.
- Perform triage and physical assessments.
- Perform and direct emergency care and procedures as needed and
call the Licensed Independent Provider for treatment orders.More
about CoreCivic!Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70
facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership
corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, We operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety;
- CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to government and the people
- CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you. Each CoreCivic
facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature
kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational
training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing
units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we
provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day.
Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are
able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security
around the clock.CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays,
401(k) with company match and paid training! Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university nursing RN
program with a diploma/degree in nursing.
- Must possess current RN licensure in the state of
- Two years nursing experience required.
- One year's supervisory experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and possess a
strong knowledge base of clinical nursing and basic
principle/practices of management.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of computer and office
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE- M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: CoreCivic, Gainesville , Clinical Supervisor - RN, Healthcare , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!