Director Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $94K-123K per year, Days
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Posted on: September 23, 2022
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) OR -
Operating Room Director for a nursing job in Gainesville,
Florida.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: OR - Operating Room
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days
- Employment Type: PermanentDescription HCA Healthcare is a
comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more
than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive
impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people
healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great
outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled
opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA
Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more
resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who
walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and
talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare
possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for
ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.We offer an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program,
employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.North
Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the
community hospital in Gainesville, Florida-----North Florida
Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service
medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central
Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology,
orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and
robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care,
women's health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven
leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive
Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission,
is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue
Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery
and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top
100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a
member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Based in
Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed
facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding
surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain.--The Director of
Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by
focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing
operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility
for their departments.Major Responsibilities:Service
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the
service and implements solutions with follow through and
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital
wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to
those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.--People
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique
of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents
their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and
industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver
upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient roundingIdentifies and
mentor potential future leaders Quality
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops
processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical
services program which assures quality patient care consistent with
the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital
policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates
critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department's operational excellence by ensuring
delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable
policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting Finance
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements
which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures
proper utilization of organization's financial resources. Growth
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients,
staff, and payers in the community they serve Community
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures
others and commands respect within the organization and the
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Supports HCA by:
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance
the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement"
- Performing otHCA Florida Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-195053. Pay
package is based on 8 hour shifts and 40 hours per week (subject to
confirmation). Posted job title: Director Surgical Services SignOn
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Gainesville , Director Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $94K-123K per year, Days, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!