Registered Nurse I - Student Health Care Center (CHFM) (523539) - Med Surg
Company: UF Health Shands at the University of Florida
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Registered Nurse I - Student Health Care Center (CHFM)
Registered Nurse I
The Student Health Care Center at The University of Florida within
the department of Community Health and Family Medicine (CHFM) is
seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) I. This RN I will serve as the
Student Health Care Center (SHCC) triage nurse, and will provide
coordination of patient care within the clinics of SHCC. The
incumbent will work independently to perform patient assessments
and nurse visits. This includes triaging patients to appropriate
clinics within SHCC and will include screening and counseling
patients, and collecting and documenting vital signs. The RN I will
also provide treatments, procedures, administer medications, and
perform visual acuity and Point-of-Care testing as directed by
providers. Furthermore, the RN I will provide independent care to
patients using nursing guidelines, standing orders, policies, &
procedures and other clinical duties as assigned.
Triage Patient Care:
* Triage patients presenting to the clinic and assess need for
level of care.
* Communicate with providers and nursing staff within the clinics
for care coordination.
* Perform assessment of patients and document in the EMR, including
chief complaint, vital signs, and supporting medical
* Provides treatments, procedures, and administers medications as
directed under standing orders and by providers.
* Documents pertinent information in patients' health record,
* Monitors patient response to treatments.
* Triages patients by telephone and in person ensuring that their
health problem is appropriately managed in a timely manner.
* Provides care using SHCC Nursing guidelines, Standing Orders,
policies, and procedures.
* Provides nursing coverage as needed to clinics within SHCC.
Direct Patient Care:
* Performs nurse visits for walk-in patients including assessments,
medical care, and education under SHCC standing orders, policies &
* Documenting nurse visits in Epic (EMR).
* Scheduling follow-up care with a SHCC provider(s).
Education and Counseling:
* Educates and counsels patients on their specific medical illness
* Promotes health and wellness through assessment strategies and
* Documents interventions in patient's health record.
Other duties as assigned:
* Provides RN coverage for other teams and weekend clinic as needed
* Rotates with other RNs & LPNs.
* Attend Nursing Staff meeting at SHCC.
* Participate in programs of quality improvement, special projects
as assigned and continuing education.
The salary range is between $28.00 to $31.00 per hour, and is
commensurate with skills and experience.
Graduate of a nationally accredited nursing program. Licensed as a
registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida
* Current CPR Certification
* Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program; Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (BSN) degree or Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)
* Two years of appropriate nursing experience
* Knowledge of providing patient care using sound nursing
* Knowledge of electronic health records.
* Knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Skilled in-patient triage and patient assessment
* Skilled in administering intramuscular, subcutaneous, and
* Skilled in administering oxygen
* Skilled in starting, monitoring and administering intravenous
(IV) fluids and medications
* Skilled in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
* Skilled in performing wound care and Point-of-Care Testing
* Ability to communicate efficiently in writing and verbally with
patients, providers, nursing staff, and family members.
* Ability to take pertinent histories and document in appropriate
* Ability to administer medications.
* Ability to provide treatments to patient using guidelines,
policies and Standing Orders.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
* In order for your application for this position to be considered
complete, you must upload a resume, and a cover letter, or letter
* This is a time-limited position. An appointment to a position
funded by contract and grant, auxiliaries, or local funds, as
appropriate, for a particular project, enterprise, or specified
period. Such designation must be made to the position at the time
of recruitment. A time-limited position shall have the same rights
as a position with a regular appointment modifier, except such
position shall not have rights provided for layoff, recall, and
notice of non-reappointment.
* This is not a temporary position.
* If you are a Florida resident claiming veteran's preference,
please upload a copy of your DD-214 with your application for
Post offer requirements:
* Health Clearance for patient and human blood contact
* Criminal background check
* Education and experience check
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with
respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic
information and veteran status in all aspects of employment
including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline,
terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still
under consideration and need not apply
Health Assessment Required: Yes
Keywords: UF Health Shands at the University of Florida, Gainesville , Registered Nurse I - Student Health Care Center (CHFM) (523539) - Med Surg, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!