Director Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $82K-107K per year
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Posted on: November 26, 2022
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med
Surg Director for a nursing job in Gainesville, Florida.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Days 7-10 Hrs/Wkdays
OnlyDescription IntroductionAre you ready to manage in a new era as
a Director Med Surg where building a healthier tomorrow is more
than a job? Our HCA Florida North Florida Hospital team is
committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more
lives in more ways. Share your resume today.BenefitsHCA Florida
North Florida Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about
five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA
Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) Director Med Surg where
your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want your
knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and QualificationsJob Summary:
Provide leadership for planning, management, implementation,
integration and coordination of the unit in support of facility
goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial
stability. Support the delivery of the high quality, cost effective
patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals
and objectives. What you will do in this role:
- Enhance the department through performance improvement and
appropriate utilization of resources.
- Develop an operational system that supports a seamless flow of
patients through the continuum of care.
- Facilitate the development of a comprehensive education program
for patients and staff.
- Collaborate with physicians to provide leadership though out
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding new technology
- Collaborates proactively with all interdisciplinary team
members and with a patient/family focus to facilitate and maximize
client healthcare outcomes. Coordinates multi-disciplinary patient
care conferences for high risk or medically complex patients.
- Leads research projects under the IRB.
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs
and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of activities,
the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major
impact on all other hospital areas.
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of
personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring
practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices
- Provides direction to the staff and supervisors. Reviews
performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations.
Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as
needed. What qualifications you will need:
- Florida RN licensure required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master's Degree
- 3-5+ years experience of acute hospital experience with
leadership responsibilities required
- 3-5+ years progressive management experience required
- BLS required upon hireThis role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida North Florida Hospital is a 523-bed,
full-service medical and surgical acute care center. For over 49
years, we have served North Central Florida. We offer comprehensive
cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, and neurosciences. We
offer minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight
loss surgery and treatment. Other services that we provide include
women's health and wound therapy. We are fully accredited by the
Joint Commission and certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Our hospital has an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American
College of Cardiology) and is designated as a Blue Distinction
Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. We are committed to
patient safety and quality of care. We have received the highest
scores available in recognition of this commitment.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses
and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive If this is the
kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the
Director Med Surg role. We are interviewing apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible. HCA Florida Healthcare Job ID
#1-INFOR-488505. Pay package is based on 8 hour shifts and 40 hours
per week (subject to confirmation). Posted job title: Director Med
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Gainesville , Director Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $82K-107K per year, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!