Company: HCA Florida North Florida Hospital
Posted on: January 19, 2023
$5K Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance is Available HCA
Florida North Florida Hospital
6500 W Newberry Rd Gainesville, FL 32605
Introduction Are you looking for a work environment where diversity
and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Laboratory
Supervisor opening with HCA Florida North Florida Hospital today
and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare
Benefits HCA Florida North Florida Hospital, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Laboratory Supervisor for our team to ensure
that we continue to provide all patients with high quality,
efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We
are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are
seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Supervise technical and/or non-technical laboratory personnel
and assign areas/shifts
- Supervise and/or participate in processes, service levels, and
regulatory compliance. Functional areas of responsibility may
include, but are not limited to technical discipline areas in which
department is licensed, specimen collection, specimen processing
and specimen referral testing.
- Develop monitoring systems for the collection, documentation
and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts
pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement
studies, initiates corrective action plans, and re-monitors
- Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll,
supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports,
outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs; participates
- Provides leadership in the coaching, guidance, training, and
talent development of staff
- Screen, interview and select qualified individuals for open
positions within the department
You Should Have:
- A 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science or Medical Technology is
- A 4-Year/Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology is helpful
- A State of Florida Supervisor's License OR the ability to
obtain a license during the interview process
- 5 years' experience as a Medical Technologist
- Prior supervisory experience is beneficial
- Licensure is 3 technical specialties preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider for clinical
laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals,
physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for
patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated
esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and
microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital
based rapid-response laboratories present in four HCA Healthcare
divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories
support more than 250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician
practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses
and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow." - Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our
Laboratory Supervisor opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member
of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Florida North Florida Hospital, Gainesville , Laboratory Supervisor, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!