Dean-School of Nursing-Gainesville Campus
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose
nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing
education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do.
Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing
education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met.
We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Mental Health Coverage
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you
will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture
where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital.
Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and
commitment is created and sustained through the development of all
employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for
ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to
improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary
nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students'
success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of
experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people
to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Galen College is looking for a Dean of the School of Nursing to
provide accountable leadership for the academic programs, community
and hospital partnerships, and serve as an integral member of the
College and Campus management team. This position will also ensure
teaching excellence, faculty and student engagement, and student
success in accordance with established regulations, accreditation
standards, and the mission of Galen College of Nursing.
- Directs, leads, and supervises all academic aspects of the
- Creates and is accountable for the strategic direction and
vision for the delivery of quality, responsive curriculum and
- Develops, maintains, and monitors fiscal resources and secures
funding to support educational initiatives.
- Provides leadership to ensure that students and graduates
achieve the student learning outcomes, program outcomes, and
role-specific graduate competencies.
- Provides leadership to ensure that the systematic plan for
evaluation is implemented.
- Provides leadership to ensure that aggregated and trended
evaluation findings are used to inform decision making for the
maintenance and improvement of the student learning outcomes and
program outcomes; shares these findings with communities of
- Provides leadership to ensure that the number of full-time
faculty is sufficient to ensure that the student learning outcomes
and program outcomes are achieved within budgetary
- Ensures the availability of resources required for faculty
(full and part-time) to maintain expertise in their areas of
- Provides leadership to the program director(s) to ensure that
faculty maintains expertise in their areas of responsibility and
performance reflects scholarship and evidence-based teaching and
- Ensures that the number, utilization, and credentials of staff
and non-nurse faculty are sufficient to achieve the program goals
- Ensures the availability of adequate resources to orient and
mentor faculty (full and part-time) in their areas of
- Ensures the timely and systematic assessment of faculty (full-
and part-time) performance; offers guidance to program director(s)
when faculty performance requires improvement
- Collaborates with online leadership to ensure the availability
of adequate resources for faculty (full- and part-time) to engage
in ongoing development and receive support for instructional and
- Provides leadership in the development of policies for
students, ensuring that they are congruent with the College,
publicly accessible, and non-discriminatory.
- Ensures the appropriate application of student policies and the
correct implementation of related procedures by program directors,
faculty, and staff.
- Ensures the availability of adequate resources to provide
student services that are commensurate with the needs of students,
including those receiving instruction using alternative methods of
- Provides leadership to ensure the implementation of policies
and procedure that allows program complaints and grievances to
receive due process and include evidence of resolution.
- Ensures that orientation to technology is provided and
technological support is available to students.
- Provides leadership to ensure that the curriculum is developed
by the faculty and regularly reviewed to ensure integrity, rigor,
and currency; ensures that accreditation standards and criteria are
used as they relate to curriculum.
- Provides leadership to ensure that practice learning
environments support the achievement of student learning outcomes
and program outcomes.
- Provides leadership to ensure that learning activities,
instructional materials, and evaluation methods are appropriate for
all delivery formats and consistent with the student learning
- Provides leadership to ensure that fiscal, physical, and
learning resources are sustainable and sufficient to ensure the
achievement of the student learning outcomes and program
- Provides leadership to ensure that fiscal, physical,
technological, and learning resources are sufficient to meet the
needs of the faculty and students engaged in alternative methods of
- Participates in governance activities; ensures the availability
of representation by the program director(s) and faculty in
governance activities; ensures opportunities for student
representation in governance activities.
- Ensures that communities of interest have input into the
program processes and decision making; facilitates the
implementation of recommendations and input as
- Works collaboratively to establish and maintain partnerships
that promote excellence in education, enhance the profession, and
benefit the community.
- Orients and mentors the program director(s) to the
- Provides leadership to the program director(s) and has shared
responsibility for the development and administration of the
program; ensures that the program director(s) has adequate time and
resources to fulfill the role responsibilities.
- Provides leadership to the program director(s) in the
preparation and administration of the program budget; ensures
- Provides leadership in the development of policies for faculty
and staff to ensure that they are comprehensive and provide for the
welfare of faculty and staff.
- Ensures the timely submission of reports and documentation
appropriate regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, and/or State
Board(s) of Nursing.
- Conducts Professional Advisory Committee (PAC) Meetings
according to the committee description outlined in the Faculty
Handbook. Facilitates active participation from the committee
members (students, graduates, professional nurses, mid-level and
senior level nursing administrators.
- Engages with members of the healthcare community to gain
insight about emerging nursing education and workforce
- Engages with community and nursing leaders to build
collaborative relationships that help expand Galen's nursing
Qualifications Education: Doctorate degree is required.
Other Requirements: Five (5) years of senior level experience in
higher education and possesses a distinguished record of excellence
in teaching and nursing; clinical practice in Nursing as noted in
CV. Demonstrated success in development of community relationships;
experience in planning and budgeting; excellent communication and
interpersonal skills and a record of professional involvement as
evidenced in CV.
Licensure & Special Qualifications (where applicable): Per State
Board of Nursing Requirements.
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment: Position requires
critical thinking, reading, planning, preparing, evaluating, and
decision making. Physical demands in classroom and office are
minimal and considered sedentary work with occasional lifting
and/or carrying such articles as records, files, and books (10
pounds maximum). Operation of standard office equipment such as
phone, computer, classroom projector, Scantron, and
printer/scanner, occurs on a frequent basis. Physical demands in
the clinical area may include lifting, pulling, pushing, kneeling,
stooping, crouching and bending or any other related activity.
Travel may be required.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal.
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for
every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique
contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in
everything I do.
At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational
experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education,
our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal
interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is
regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and
Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate,
Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in
nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate
Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master's degree in
nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for
Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to
Galen's accreditation status, please visit our .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Gainesville , Dean-School of Nursing-Gainesville Campus, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!