Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Perform comprehensive examinations, consultations, diagnosis, and treatment of dermatological diseases. Duties of the position may include but are not limited to:
- Aspiration, incision and drainage of cutaneous abscesses and lesions
- See inpatient dermatology consults
- Manage systemic dermatology medications
- Manage Tele dermatology and outpatient consults
- Collection, reading and interpretation of KOH, Tzanck smears, gram stains, hair preps, and mite preps
- Cryosurgery of benign and premalignant skin lesions
- Cryosurgery of malignant skin lesions
- Destruction by chemical means (topical chemotherapy) of skin lesions (including peels)
- Destruction by surgical means (such as curettage, electrosurgery, etc) of benign and premalignant skin lesions
- Destruction by surgical means (such as curettage, electrosurgery, etc) of malignant skin lesions
- Excision of benign lesions
- Excision of malignant lesions, simple and complex (including flaps and grafts of small and medium sized areas)
- Injections (dermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular, or IV)
- Injections of small varicose veins
- Intralesional medication injections of cutaneous lesions
- Laser use for skin surgery for benign, premalignant, and malignant skin lesions
- Nail surgery
- Patch testing
- Skin biopsies (shaves, punches, incisional and excisional)
- Ultraviolet light treatment (photo therapy) for skin conditions Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below Preferred Experience:
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Dermatology. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. Physical Requirements: There are no physical requirements for providers. They must only be able to practice medicine according to their privileges, in a manner that presents no danger to themselves or others. Attention: All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type): All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document types(s):
- Curriculum Vitae The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc. Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s), which may not be required for all applicants:
- Cover Letter
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Gainesville , Physician (Dermatologist), Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!