QC Laboratory Technician
Company: Milliken & Company
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Milliken is an innovation company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people?s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, we work around the world to add value to people?s lives, improve health and safety, and make the world more sustainable. We have a global presence with 39 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France and China. In addition, sales and service operations are located throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. To learn more about the uniqueness of Milliken, visit our website at Milliken.com
This position is located at the Milliken SiVance site in Gainesville, Florida. The Quality Control Laboratory Technician facilitates the timely and accurate analysis of samples submitted to the Quality Control Laboratory and actively responds to the needs of internal customers. Shifts are typically 12 hours in duration, rotate through nights and weekends, and require working holidays on occasion.
1. Analyze samples from multiple departments using a variety of analytical instrumentation and disciplines including, but not limited to:
a. Gas chromatography
c. Liquid chromatography
d. Ion chromatography
e. FTIR f. NMR
g. X-ray fluorescence
h. Automated and manual titration
I. Automated and manual viscosity
j. Automated and manual flashpoint
k. Karl Fisher moisture analysis
l. Wet chemistry
2. Accurately document results of analyses in the current ERP.
3. Analyze problems using critical thinking skills.
4. Complete assigned instrument maintenance and calibrations, solution standardizations, consumables inventory, and other assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
5. Participate in the performance of method validations, Gage R&R's, measurement systems analysis, correlation and matching studies, and other required studies.
6. Initiate quality notifications when required and participate in the investigation process for quality-related failures of finished goods.
7. Develop basic familiarity with the manufacturing process for standard products and a rudimentary understanding of the chemistry associated with each.
8. Actively participate in the training and development of new associates.
9. Complete other tasks as assigned by Quality Control management and/or supervision.
10. SAFETY - Adhere to all plant safety policies and compliance regulations. Actively participate in the safety process through completing of safety audits, participating in safety projects, identifying safety hazards and contributing to safety improvements, and being an attending member of a safety team. Complete annual safety training as required.
11. QUALITY - Become familiar with, understand and comply with Milliken Quality Policy, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), relevant ISO 9000 standards and Company Policies that are applicable to this position.
12. HAZARDOUS WASTE HANDLIING - All associates who handle hazardous waste shall be given an overview of the regulations and company policies regarding the management of hazardous waste. All associates are expected to adhere to all regulations and company policies at all times.
Required: High School diploma, some college-level chemistry, demonstrated work history, one to 3 years of manufacturing and/or laboratory experience, or a combination thereof.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and one to 3 years of laboratory experience.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
1. Ability to work well with others, both within and outside the QC department.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays.
4. Ability to multitask
5. Ability to function with minimal supervision after an appropriate training period.
6. Ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changes in standard priorities.
Job Type: Production
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability
Keywords: Milliken & Company, Gainesville , QC Laboratory Technician, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!