Certified Nursing Assistant FT Nights (NT Cardiac)
Company: North Florida Regional Medical Center
Posted on: March 17, 2019
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women's health and wound therapy, among other services.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Nurse Tech II performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Enrolled in nursing school or 6 months patient care experience in at least one of the following areas: CNA, EMT, PCA, Paramedic, nursing home, hospital, or equivalent experience. Completion of an approved CNA program with direct patient care experience and/or 6 months experience at North Florida Regional may be substituted for the above experience requirement.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Keywords: North Florida Regional Medical Center, Gainesville , Certified Nursing Assistant FT Nights (NT Cardiac), Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!