Physical Therapist - Rehabilitation Services - FT
Company: Southeast Georgia Health System
Posted on: June 26, 2019
Southeast Georgia Health System has an opportunity for a Physical
Therapist to join our Rehabilitation team in an Outpatient
Summary: Organizes and conducts medically prescribed therapy
programs to restore function and prevent disability following
disease, injury, or loss of body part; helps patient reach his/her
maximum performance and assume a place in society while learning to
live within the limits of his/her capabilities. All team members of
Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety,
follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal
regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and
national patient safety goals.
- Practices Physical Therapy consistent with the American
Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and Standards of
- Respects and understands the patient's right to treatment and
right to involvement in treatment decisions.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides
basic patient care, and assists in the maintenance of a safe and
clean environment under the supervision of licensed nursing
- Evaluates, tests, and administers therapy programs for each
patient involving physical means, such as exercise, massage, heat,
ice, water and electricity, as prescribed by the physician. Attends
to specific patient variables such as motivation, and stamina in
planning treatment programs.
- Develops rehabilitation goals and objectives that are
measurable, described in functional or behavioral terms, and
include estimated or relevant time frames for achievement,
considering the anticipated discharge. Completes all appropriate
documentation to maximize financial remuneration.
- Confers with the person(s) most closely associated with the
active management of the patient and keeps them informed of any
additional patient needs, treatment modifications and/or progress.
Serves as educator and/or resource for patients, families, care
givers and other direct patient care providers to assess, instruct,
correct, and/or provide information about practice skills and
- Participates in the improvement of patient satisfaction, job
specific processes or procedures. Organizes personal time
requirements and demonstrates ability to establish priorities for
- Actively participates in compliance with The Joint Commission
standards, both departmentally and organization wide.
The ideal Physical Therapist should posses the following minimal
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Physical Therapy.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Must possess and maintain licensure to practice Physical
Therapy in the State of Georgia
- Current American Heart Association CPR certification
- General clinical knowledge, verbal and written communication
skills, motivational and leadership skills
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health
System will promote service excellence by developing and
maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team
members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality
of care by performing their responsibilities according to the
highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA:
Keywords: Southeast Georgia Health System, Gainesville , Physical Therapist - Rehabilitation Services - FT, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!