Certified Nursing Assistant FT Nights CVU
Company: North Florida Regional Medical Center
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
--North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered
around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North
Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed,
full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North
Central Florida and offering comprehensive--cardiovascular
laparoscopic and robotic surgery,--weight loss surgery and
treatment,--women---s health--and--wound therapy, among other
You are worth more than a paycheck.Enjoy the following benefits and
more:401(k)with an employer match up to 9%Employeestock purchase
planTuitionreimbursementPaidfamily leaveAndmuch more!--Position
Description:Working under the supervision of a nurse, the CNA
performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for
the personal needs and comfort of patients.
- Gives catheter care.
- Takes and records vital signs accurately within the shift.
- Keep correct intake and output
- Rounds every hour to anticipate patient needs.
- Obtains and labels specimens accurately.
- Alters patient's position Q2 or as assigned.
- Applies binders, restraints, ice bags, K-pads as delegated by
- Answers call lights immediately.
- Assists with toileting needs.
- Assists patient in/out of beds, chairs or wheelchairs.
- Gives accurate report of care provided and patients' response
to RN Team Leader.
- Assists with preventative measures for compromised skin
- Keeps room orderly for sage patient environment.
- Assists with Post Mortem Care.
- Ensures each patient's general hygiene needs are met
- Immediately disposes of bio-medical and hazardous waste in
labeled bio-medical/bio-hazardous waste container.
- Documents specific patient valuables on designated form when
received and immediately contacts security.
- Performs dressing changes as directed by RN.
- Collects and Labels specimens for diagnostic testing.
- Performs bedside blood glucose monitoring.Qualifications
Education Required:High School graduate or GED preferred.
Experience Required:-Enrolled in nursing school or 6 months patient
care experience in at least one of the following areas: CNA, EMT,
PCA, Paramedic, nursing home, hospital, or equivalent.-Completion
of an approved CNA program with direct patient care experience
and/or 6 months experience at North Florida Regional may be
substituted for the above experience requirement.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:Demonstrated skills in
organization, verbal and written communications, customer service,
math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer
usage. Medical terminology.
Licensure/Certification:Current FL Certified Nursing Assistant
license required.--BLS through American Heart Association
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: North Florida Regional Medical Center, Gainesville , Certified Nursing Assistant FT Nights CVU, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!