Certified Surgical Tech FT Main OR
Company: North Florida Regional Medical Center
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered
around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North
Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC)--. NFRMC is a 432-bed,
full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North
Central Florida and offering comprehensive--cardiovascular
laparoscopic and robotic surgery,--weight loss surgery and
treatment,--women---s health--and--wound therapy, among other
You are worth more thana paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the
Bar:401(k) withan employer match up to 9%EmployeeStock Purchase
FamilyLeaveMedicalPlan Options, Dental & VisionAnd much more!
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST - CERTIFIEDPOSITION DESCRIPTION:Responsible
for the direct and indirect nursing care of patients as determined
by the registered nurse.-- Responsible for the supervision of
- Completes all assigned procedures and therapies within the
specific time frame.
- Reports supply and equipment needs to the team leader and/or
- Assists with the transfer of patients.
- Assists physician in the performance of select procedures.
- Operates specialty equipment per manufacturer's recommendation
and/or policy and procedures.
- Assists with providing care for the patient both pre-, intra,
and post-specialized procedure.
- Assists with transporting and positioning patient on the
operating bed, specific to operative procedure, type of anesthetics
to be used, and use of protective devices as indicated.
- Performs item counts to include but not limited to: sponges,
sharps, vessel loops/umbilical tapes, bovie cleaner, pre-, intra,
and post operatively.
- Take appropriate action if item count is not correct and
informs the appropriate staff.
- Monitors patient's response to surgical intervention
intra-operatively and reports status to RN circulating nurse.
- Prepares medication for operative field according to hospital
policy with assistance from circulating nurse and/or surgeon;
correct route and label appropriately.
- Organizes supplies, instrumentation of operative field under
the supervision of the RN.
- Collects labels specimens for diagnostic lab per hospital
policy and procedure.
- Practices hands-free passing of sharps utilizing the "safety
zone technique", and agreed upon area to place sharps after each
use to prevent sharps exposures. Ensures that the container/holder
for the cautery is in place.
- Maintains vigilance for breaks in technique and informs the RN
- Prepares OR room for subsequent procedure in a timely manner
being conscious of the 30 minutes turnover time.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
- Must be able to take call, and return to the hospital within 30
minutes of call-back.--Qualifications Position Qualifications:
- Completion of an approved program for surgical
- Prior Surgical Tech experience and/or training.Skills,
Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated communications and customer service skills,
success in organizing work and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to follow written and oral
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist
- BLS through American Heart Association-- An EEO/AA Employer
M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus --
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: North Florida Regional Medical Center, Gainesville , Certified Surgical Tech FT Main OR, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!