Nurse Extern PRN PCU2
Company: North Florida Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered
around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North
Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed,
full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North
Central Florida and offering comprehensive--cardiovascular
laparoscopic and robotic surgery,--weight loss surgery and
treatment,--women---s health--and--wound therapy, among other
services.--Position Description: Working under the supervision--of
a nurse, the Student Nurse Tech--performs various patient care
activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort
of patients.-- The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal
- Serves and collects food trays.-- Assists with patient
- Transports, positions-- and drapes patients for exams and
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Unit Secretary duties
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.--
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications Position Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in Nursing School.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required--.
- BLS through American Heart Association is required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
Tobacco Free CampusNotice Our Company---s recruiters are here to
help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take
your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: North Florida Regional Medical Center, Gainesville , Nurse Extern PRN PCU2, Healthcare , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!