Shula's Steakhouse Host/Hostess
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion,
courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary
offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of
providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Hilton University of Florida Conference Center, located on
southwest corner of the University of Florida campus, combines a
host of upscale and market-leading attributes unparalleled in the
Gainesville area. The hotel is newly renovated and features
superior International Association of Conference Centers (IACC)
accredited meeting space, award-winning dining, spacious guest
rooms and exceptional hospitality presented in an upscale
contemporary interior design and ambiance. The Hilton UF offers
guests the perfect environment for work, play or both. We foster a
creative and energetic work environment where people come to work
and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged
and are committed to "being the difference" by creating memorable
experiences in the lives of all we serve. Your role will be
integral to the success of our property. We strive to create a work
place culture that values family, work life balance and community.
We help develop our associates and provide support for them to grow
their careers with DH&R. We strive to cultivate and maintain a
team environment where every team member is working together to
provide exceptional service to every guest, every time by not only
meeting their expectations, but exceeding them! Our team members
are proud to work here! The Host/ess is responsible for greeting
and proper seating of guests as they enter the restaurant. S/he
will be responsible for creating an excellent first impression as
well as ensuring timely and appropriate seating of guests. The
Host/ess will assist in maintaining the Hotel Standards.
* Plans and coordinates timely seating of guests
* Greets incoming guests
* Takes reservations in person and over the phone, using
professional language at all times
* Responsible for hanging guests coats, purses, etc.
* Cleans and resets tables as needed
* Provides guests with high chairs, booster seats, etc.
* Ensures guests are comfortable and welcome if required to
* Maintains cleanliness of podium areas
* Answers restaurant telephone, responding to guests' questions in
a professional manner
* Escorts every guest to table, hands out menus and ensures
table(s) are properly set up
* Maximizes the seating of the restaurant
* Attends mandatory monthly department meetings appropriate resort
and division meetings
* Assists servers, bussers with refilling beverages and/or clearing
* Schedules dining room reservations
* Notifies servers of guests' special requests, events, etc.
* Completes all assigned side-work, obtaining manager's signature
* Informs server of any potential guest issues
* Familiarizes him/herself with menu
* Answers questions and/or makes recommendations on menus as
* Assists servers with monitoring assigned tables for customer
satisfaction, quality and additional service
* Provides general resort information for guests
* Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell
* including use of guest name & good eye contact with each
* Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities
as well as any special events
* Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting
other departments with necessary information
* Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
* Addresses any guest issue promptly and with concern
* Offers guests assistance resort directions, activity suggestions,
* Provides assistance to restaurant staff as needed
* Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken
glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious
persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
* Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies
* Maintains a professional appearance.
* Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues
at all times.
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Gainesville , Shula's Steakhouse Host/Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!