COOK, PREP (FULL & PART-TIME)
Company: Morrison Healthcare
Posted on: May 13, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a COOK, PREP -position.
- Location: UF Health Shands Heart & Vascular 1505 SW Archer Rd.,
Gainesville, FL 32608. - -Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: - FT & PT: - Schedule varies, details upon interview.
- Requirement: - -Culinary experience, food customer service
experience, food handler safety certification.We Make Applying
Easy! -Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB -to
75000 -and search requisition ID number -979965.The advertised
program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs
with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data
rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and
conditions: Make a difference in the lives of people, your
community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with
Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and
empower you to transform healthcare experiences. -Take a look for
yourself at the !Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and
nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more
than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power
of Food to create personalized dining experiences for patients and
in their caf--s to advance the healing and healthful missions of
its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest
health systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary,
nutritional, and operational expertise to provide consistency and
transform the healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized
as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the
8th time -and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training
Magazine in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a
2018 Best Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired
CEO. Morrison is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within
Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300
executive chefs, and 21,000 professional food service team members.
-Why it is still safe for you to work in healthcare--- -We know
that many of you who are new to working in a healthcare setting
might be a little unsure about your safety. Yet, serving where the
viruses and potential contagions are known and are being controlled
is among the safest places to work!For anyone who becomes a member
of one of our teams, we make sure you are safe and well managed. We
also have a lot of resources available for you. We believe that
knowledge is power, and that with this knowledge in your back
pocket, you will feel much better about serving in healthcare
during these challenging times. -Thank you for serving others to
make a difference.Job SummarySummary: - Prepares food in accordance
with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines
and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures
quality food service is provided at all times. -Essential Duties
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized
recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct
portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at
the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all
prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high
standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in
accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food
and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to
the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned. Associates at Morrison
Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.Both full-time and
part-time positions offer the following -benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)About Compass Group: Achieving
leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. - At Compass, we are committed to treating
all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
-Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. -Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. -*Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Req ID: -979965 -
Keywords: Morrison Healthcare, Gainesville , COOK, PREP (FULL & PART-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!