Posted on: May 14, 2022
BENEFITS Benefits-eligible partners (employees working 20 or
more hours a week) can get a wide range of perks, benefits and
assistance. One of the amazing benefits is the Starbucks College
Achievement Program (SCAP): In a first of its kind collaboration
with Arizona State University, were offering all part- and
full-time benefits eligible U.S. partners full tuition coverage to
earn a bachelors degree. Partners receive support from a dedicated
team of coaches and advisors, 24/7 tutoring on a variety of
subjects, and a choice of more than 70 undergraduate degrees
through ASU's research driven and top-ranked program, delivered
online. The Starbucks College Achievement Plan is just one way were
committed to the success of our partners. From growing as a person,
as a partner, in your career and in your community the opportunity
is here for you to shape and make your own. JOB DESCRIPTION:
BARISTA Responsibilities and essential job functions include but
are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the
culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or
unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a
positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating
environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can
respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing
successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging
coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms
or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them
to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting
with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the
customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures,
including those for cash handling and safety and security, to
ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can
locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products
consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and
presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation
guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments
by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance Job will be at your
nearest Starbucks location SKILLS
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written
instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships QUALIFICATIONS No previous
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality,
with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early
mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including
providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and
store safety and security, with or without reasonable
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering
and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant
- Comply with a dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos,
piercings in excess of two per ear, and unnatural hair colors, such
as blue or pink
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized
for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature,
quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store
during each shift ABOUT US Were not just passionate purveyors of
coffee, but everything else that goes with a full and rewarding
coffeehouse experience. We also offer a selection of premium teas,
fine pastries and other delectable treats to please the taste buds.
And the music you hear in store is chosen for its artistry and
appeal. SCAP - Starbucks College Achievement Program We know more
than 70% of our U.S. partners (employees) are students or aspiring
students. We want to help. Supporting our partners ambitions is the
very best investment Starbucks can make. In a first of its kind
collaboration with Arizona State University, were offering all
part- and full-time benefits eligible U.S. partners full tuition
coverage for every year of college to earn a bachelors degree.
Partners receive support from a dedicated team of coaches and
advisors, 24/7 tutoring on a variety of subjects, and a choice of
more than 50 undergraduate degrees through ASU's research driven
and top-ranked program, delivered online. The Starbucks College
Achievement Plan is just one way were committed to the success of
our partners. From growing as a person, as a partner, in your
career and in your community the opportunity is here for you to
shape and make your own. Thats why when you launch your career
inspired by human connection and the opportunity to become your
personal best, the possibilities are endless. FUN FACT We proudly
hire veterans, opportunity youth, and invest in education. Lots of
opportunities to grow with Starbucks, from a barista to a
Keywords: Starbucks, Gainesville , Barista, Hospitality & Tourism , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!