Supervisor- Cafe (Part-time)
Company: Barnes & Noble Education
Posted on: September 24, 2022
IntroductionBarnes & Noble College is a retail partner for
nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail
environment like no other uniquely focused on delivering essential
educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail
environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact
directly with our customers including students, faculty,
administration, alumni, and the general public to provide
outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general
merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic
community all while being part of a company that is consistently
rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they
do.OverviewBarnes & Noble College is seeking a resourceful, driven,
adaptable, and customer-focused team member to work varying or set
schedules on a weekly basis year round as a part-time Supervisor in
our Cafe. In the Cafe you will provide assistance to the management
team, have oversight for booksellers within the cafe or store in
the absence of upper management, greet customers, and increase
customer loyalty while preparing drinks and food in a fast-paced
academic environment.ResponsibilitiesA Cafe Supervisor should
support the management team, be a resource for all departments, a
model for customer service, a driver for sales, and a skillful
problem solver. As a Caf Supervisor you will spend the majority of
your time on the sales floor coaching and modeling Wow customer
service. You will help train and oversee the daily work activity of
booksellers in the Caf. You must be knowledgeable about cafe and
store operations; provide outstanding customer service; help
enforce loss prevention and safe food handling procedures; and
ensure that the Caf is maintained.Expectations:
- Spend the majority of your time in the cafe delivering,
coaching, and modeling exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all caf operations and assist
in the preparation and serving of a variety of hot and cold food
and drinks following prescribed recipes and techniques.
- Assist with assigning work and providing focused direction to
caf booksellers to ensure the set up and restocking of displays,
wrap, label, date, and rotate food items for sale is executed
- Help resolve customer issues and complaints and escalating to
manager, when necessary.
- Operate equipment, troubleshoot breakdowns, maintain supplies
and perform preventive maintenance.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following
cleaning, sanitation, and operational standards. Food handling or
safety certification may be required in some locations.
- Replenish customer service stations, order/receive supplies or
products, and take out trash.
- Assist with processing sales transactions.
- Part-time positions require availability to work on a weekly
basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to meet the needs of
the store an hours will be less than 30 per week.Physical Demands:
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
climbing ladders.COVID-19 Considerations:Our stores comply with all
applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or
recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In
accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may
require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks
throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or
- 2+ years experience in a retail setting preferred.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be
considered for employment.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to
products that meet their needs.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.EEO StatementBarnes & Noble College is an
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.Job Locations
US-FL-GAINESVILLEID 2022-4375Category Cafe Sales AssociatePosition
Type Regular PT
Keywords: Barnes & Noble Education, Gainesville , Supervisor- Cafe (Part-time), Hospitality & Tourism , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!