Software Engineer - IT
Company: Info Tech, Inc.
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Infotech-- is seeking a Software Engineer to join our
Information Technology Team, to perform, create, and maintain our
small-to-large intranet and customer facing applications from
design to launch. Who We Are Founded in 1977 by two University of
Florida professors to provide statistical and econometric
consulting support, Infotech has grown into two distinct
businesses: Infotech Consulting and Infotech Systems. Infotech
Systems develops e-Construction software solutions to facilitate
infrastructure construction, while Infotech Consulting provides
expert statistical and economic analysis across multiple
industries. Both of Infotech's unique businesses are united by a
company-wide commitment to innovation, work/life flexibility and
people-first culture. With a diverse workforce and collaborative,
relaxed environment, Infotech is a Gainesville-born pioneer of
innovation, committed to its family of employees, customers, and
community. We are known for our people-first culture, outstanding
employee retention rates, and work-life flexibility - a flexibility
that has allowed us to transition with ease to a fully remote
workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic. Infotech was recently
ranked No. 21 among Florida Trend's "2020 Best Companies to Work
For" in the large company category. What We Are Looking For
Infotech is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our
Information Technology department. In this role, you will own
independent, small-to-large intranet and customer facing
applications from design to launch. You have a solid foundation of
computer engineering best practices, focusing on task completion in
a wide range of code bases and will also play a key role in
internal as well as customer-facing help desks. At this level, you
will have release responsibilities for your area as well as
assisting with support responsibilities for incidents in other team
areas.-- TYPICAL DUTIES
- Maintaining a high level of code integrity by writing clean,
test-driven code using established design patterns.
- Assisting in designing, creating, installing, and maintaining
databases required for new applications.
- Designing, creating, implementing user interfaces for new
applications or features.
- Implementing front-end features with various back-end databases
- Adhering to specifications and designs for software
applications and systems.
- Preparing reports or correspondence concerning project
specifications, activities, or status.
- Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program
works as intended.
- Conducting first round user acceptance testing to ensure the
program can be used easily, quickly and accurately.
- Collaborating with IT and other departments within the company
to resolve issues and bugs identified in testing and production
support. Minimum Qualifications Must have a bachelor's degree in
computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years' experience with front and back-end software
development languages and frameworks.
- Prior experience in software development obtained through a
combination of past positions, internships, class or independent
- Familiar with front and back-end software development languages
- Strong applications support background and programming skills,
with the ability to learn new programming languages.
- Debugging, optimization tuning, and troubleshooting skills,
including experience in analyzing and troubleshooting the
interactions between databases, operating systems, and
- Knowledge of security, system backup, and disaster recovery
techniques and best practices.
- Ability to work with end users to define and document
functional and technical requirements/specifications. Technical
- Languages: Node.js, PHP, Perl or Python;
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, and Google (GCP);
- Operating systems: Windows, macOS, and Linux/Unix;
- Source control management: Git;
- Databases: MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, and RethinkDB.
- Collaboration tools: JIRA, Confluence Location Infotech is
located in Gainesville, Florida. Come to work in our state of the
art facility in Celebration Pointe where you can enjoy daily visits
from award-winning food trucks and stunning nature views over Split
Rock Conservation Area.-- Currently, all employees are working
remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. While Infotech's home base
is Gainesville, we are open to remote candidates for this
position.-- Other Requirements While we are open to remote
candidates, we do require flexibility to travel to our headquarters
10% per year for training and/or major company initiatives. Travel
is not required for candidates based in Gainesville. This position
may require occasional after-hours on-call availability. Hiring
Timeline This position will remain posted until filled. Resume
required.-- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Info Tech, Inc., Gainesville , Software Engineer - IT, IT / Software / Systems , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!