Senior Software Developer: AASHTOWare
Company: Info Tech, Inc
Posted on: February 14, 2019
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER: AASHTOWARE
* Gainesville, FL, United States
If you are driving on a highway in North America, there is a good chance that Info Tech software was used to build it. In the U.S., 88% of state transportation agencies use Info Tech-developed software to manage their road construction projects. We support all aspects of road construction from managing bids to secure document signing to cost estimation and inspection. As a member of the Software Development team, you ll play a direct role in building and improving the construction and safety of road and highway infrastructure.
The Senior Software Developer (Sr. SD) has end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity that encompass more than their own development. In addition to the ability to deliver well-baked, bug-free code, the Sr. SD possesses one or more major skills outside of programming such as monitoring, performance optimization, documentation, integration testing, or visual design. Furthermore, the Sr. SD understands the larger business their code supports and possesses superior execution skills. He/she promotes standards and best practices for fellow Info Tech developers, regularly contributing to the common code bases with very little oversight beyond high-level direction, while providing support and guidance for less experienced coders.
You will be fully integrated into the Info Tech family. As you work, you will be surrounded by devs in our open, collaborative work environment in our brand-new building in Celebration Pointe. When you need a break, you can take part in one of our signature coffee breaks, happy hours or pop into our game room and challenge one of your colleagues to a game of shuffle board.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
* Must have a bachelor s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field and 2 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 4+ years experience with front and back-end software development languages and frameworks.
* At least one major skill outside of programming such as monitoring, performance optimization, documentation, integration testing, or visual design.
* Prior experience with the horizontal construction industry.
* Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure or Google (GCP)
* Operating systems: Windows
* Frameworks: .NET
* Source control management: Subversion, Git
* Databases: SQL Server, Oracle
* Testing frameworks: NUnit, QUnit;
HIRING TIMELINE AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Multiple openings available. Applications will be reviewed until Friday, October 26, 2018. Cover letters are strongly encouraged.
Info Tech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled. Equal access to employment is available to all persons. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Info Tech, Inc, Gainesville , Senior Software Developer: AASHTOWare, IT / Software / Systems , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!