Req Id 24984 - Posted 01/23/2020
- Job Category (1) - 50-Northeast GA
Physicians Group - Full Time - United
States - GA - Oakwood -
Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit
community health system on a mission of improving the health of our
community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million
people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of
outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has
campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega – with a
total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff
members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also
encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty
group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of
Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more
than 15 locations.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Physician
Services, Revenue Cycle. The Director of Business Services is
responsible for the overall operational performance of the PB
central business office. Responsibilities will include managing all
operational and financial aspects to ensure an efficient and
effective revenue cycle and financial viability. Responsibilities
include oversight of cash posting, billing, follow-up, EDI,
insurance credits and provider credentialing. Works in conjunction
with Coding, Operations, HB Revenue Cycle and Recruitment.
Administratively responsible for budget oversight and assisting
with strategic planning and implementation. The ideal candidate
will be a strategically experienced executive with superb
leadership abilities and exceptional interpersonal and
communication skills. Responsible for maximizing revenue while
adhering to compliance policies and procedures.
Bachelors Degree required or 10 yrs experience may be
accepted in lieu of Degree.
10 years of previous medical group practice revenue cycle
management experience is required for external candidates.
Internal candidates who have had extensive experience working
within the Revenue Cycle division will be considered on a case by
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Creative, responsive problem solver, with strong customer
service focus and a commitment to patient care and quality
2. Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and
implementing revenue cycle best practices, gather and analysis AR
data, develop new produces to improve quality and quantity of work
3. Work with the assigned CFO/Controller to obtain accurate and
timely month-end financial reports.
4. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of coding and billing
requirements and proper documentation/support of all requirements.
Coordinate with physicians operations directors, practice
administrators and HB Revenue Cycle as needed.
5. Above average use of Excel Spreadsheets.
6. Ability to make presentations to large and small groups
within the physician group.
7. Assist with the development and implementation of
administrative policies, procedures and guidelines for Departmental
8. Ability to work well with staff, peers, venders, members of
top management and physicians.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Acts and leads in a manner that is reflective of the
philosophy, vision and values of NGPG. Integrates these values
throughout all initiatives and efforts.
2. Works collaboratively with Human Resources and respective
management to appropriately select staff to perform Revenue Cycle
functions and to monitor/manage staff levels. Administers human
resource policies and procedures and ensures that positive human
resource practices are implemented.
3. Uses a proactive leadership style to model and promote a
culture of trust and communication. Seeks suggestions and input
from staff and colleagues. Promotes an active participation of all
staff in decisions that affect them.
4. Provides leadership and mentoring to individuals reporting
directly to this position. Demonstrates ability to measure
individual employee performance against criteria-based performance
standards and uses evaluations as management tools and
opportunities for coaching and developing staff.
5. Knows the key requirements of each position and holds staff
accountable for the responsibilities inherent in their roles.
6. Holds all staff members accountable for following and
adhering to all applicable rules, regulations, laws and
7. Encourages personnel to attend educational opportunities
relevant to their position and supports their attendance.
8. Promotes a service-oriented culture within the organization
and assures satisfaction with the quality and amount of support
provided for departmental functions, initiatives and projects.
9. Assesses and responds to current and future internal and
external healthcare trends in order to establish and ensure the
necessary direction for revenue cycle activities.
10. Continually seeks ways and means for improving the delivery
and support of Revenue Cycle activities and programs.
11. Assures that all departmental systems incorporate the
principles of total and continuous quality improvement while
exceeding the expectations of the customers.
12. Assures satisfaction among customer groups with the quality
and amount of support provided by monitoring and responding
appropriately to outcomes and feedback.
13. Understands the job functions of all Revenue Cycle staff, is
aware of process flow across departments, and involves them, as
appropriate, when recommended actions may impact their work
14. Provides input into strategic plans, goals, objectives and
budgets for Business Office.
15. Develops operational procedures related to Business
16. Researches and recommends various technology tools available
to support Revenue Cycle initiatives.
17. Performs operational reviews of various Business Office
processes and recommends and/or implements action plans/proposals
in consultation with the all Revenue Cycle Management.
18. Develops and utilizes monitoring and reporting techniques
19. Maintains professional development and growth through
professional affiliations, seminars and workshops to keep abreast
of trends in revenue and healthcare in general.
20. Budgetary oversight and accountability.
21. Development and implementation of policy and procedure
within line of authority.
22. Reporting of Key Performance Indicators, forecasts, etc
related to Revenue Cycle.
23. Overall responsibility for hiring and supervising staff in
charge and cash posting, billing, follow-up, collections, refunds,
24. Collaborate with Quality Assurance/Trainer to assess quality
of staff and coordinate necessary training.
25. Interact and manage vendor devliverables, performance and
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast
Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton,
Barrow and Dahlonega – and become Georgia’s most awarded hospital.
Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
100 Top Hospitals – Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs – Beckers Hospital
America’s Top Quality Providers – Carechex
Healthcare’s Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems –
Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia’s #1
Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart
care, orthopedic surgery, women’s care and more.