Company: Ameris Bancorp
Location: Lake City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an
exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered
employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and
processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape,
empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and
creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and
passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity
in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble
approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and
approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look
forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our
team.The Universal Banker performs sales and services functions in
a traditional Branch. The position is responsible for Teller duties
by accurately processing transactions and providing prompt,
efficient customer service and acts as a consultant to customers by
educating on products and services, conducting customer financial
profiles, identifying customer needs, cross-selling and up-selling
opportunities. The position is relied upon to facilitate lending
processes and contributes to the financial growth of the banking
center. The Universal Banker I performs a broad range of banking
center operations activities providing services to customers while
demonstrating the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and
Values.Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies
organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Contributes to the financial growth of the banking centers
through establishing, expanding and retaining high-value consumer
and business customer relationships.
- Applies need-based sales techniques and conducts customer
financial profiles to attract, expand, and retain customer
relationships by identifying products and services to enhance the
customer relationship with the bank.
- Operates the teller drawer, performs varied account and
customer servicing accountabilities. Performs accurate
transactions, balancing each day and verifying cash totals.
- Administers lending processes, educates customers regarding
lending options, completes thorough loan applications and
documentation and facilitates lending determination systems and
- Proactively communicates with current and prospective customers
to educate, ensure understanding, resolve issues, develop and
maintain customer loyalty and solicit customer feedback to improve
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and promotions.
- Responsible for making recommendations to supervisors
concerning the budgetary needs of the Branch and methods to improve
the Retail Banking experience.
- Accountable for achievement of defined sales and service
- Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with Ameris's
core values of Integrity and Honesty; always acts in the best
interest of the customer when offering additional products and
services.Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Able to effectively and persuasively express self, using
language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to
achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time
- Highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and
maintain collaborative relationships.
- Able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound
conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful
- Able to be flexible and supportive reacting swiftly to change
and adjusting priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of banking policies, procedures, products
- Computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and ability
to meet or exceed sales and service goals.
- Successful completion of Teller training program and passing
score on training post-test.Industry and Work Experience:
- 1 or more years of experience as a Teller in Retail
- 1 or more years of experience as a Personal Banker in Retail
- Completion of training in Consumer Lending or equivalent
consumer lending experience.Academic:
- High school diploma or GED required.Disclaimer:The above job
description is meant to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required for the position.All job requirements are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a
direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of
themselves or other employees. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Ameris Bancorp, Gainesville , Universal Banker, Other , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!