Chemical Management Technician I
Company: Timco Aviation Services, Inc.
Location: Lake City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Manages and controls chemical product usage and waste.
Service and collect hazardous waste for compacting from all
satellite drums, compact, and transport to chemical storage
building. Service and transport liquid hazardous and non-hazardous
waste collection drums and totes and store for disposal. Service
and collect aerosol can collection drums, transport and puncture to
remove contents, and recycle cans. Service and collect universal
waste from satellite locations and transport for storage and/or
processing. Service and transport the collection barrels for used
oil, speedy dry, and oily rags and store for disposal/recycle.
Assure all hazardous/universal waste is labeled, weighed, and
stored according to 40 CFR 262 Subpart C requirements and assure
all non-hazardous waste is labeled properly. Dispose/recycle
inspected empty containers per chemical container training and
procedural requirements. Complete remove of international garbage
from assigned aircraft per training and procedural requirements.
Complete collection and discharge of O2 generators per training and
procedural requirements. Serve as a member of the HAECO emergency
response team with duties as a first aid responder and spill
response for spills. Assist with the loading of hazardous and
non-hazardous waste for shipping and escorting onsite collection of
waste by vendors and assure manifests are delivered to the
Environmental Compliance Technician. Conduct the cleaning of
equipment used to support operational activities.
- Must have successfully completed high school or a GED
- Must have basic typing skills.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must work with confidential data and assure it is safeguarded
to protect the integrity of the company.
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets
- Must be able to secure and maintain certification as a
hazardous material technician in accordance with 40 CFR 265.16
within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet company
requirements for insurance coverage for driving a company
- Must read, write and understand English.
- Must successfully complete background check for PTIA AOA
badging and KC10 badging.
- Previous chemical handling experience.
- Current certification of Hazardous Material Incident Response
and RCRA training.
Keywords: Timco Aviation Services, Inc., Gainesville , Chemical Management Technician I, Other , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!