Patient Care Technician
Location: Lake City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Lake City Medical Center, a 91-bed acute care hospital serving
the communities of Columbia, Hamilton and Suwannee counties for
over 60 years. Lake City Medical Center is part of HCA Healthcare
North Florida offering medical and surgical programs including
24-hour emergency care, heart care, interventional cardiology,
orthopedics, cancer care, imaging and rehabilitation services. Lake
City Medical Center is an Accredited Primary Stroke Center by The
Joint Commission, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American
College of Cardiology, and has achieved Disease Specific
Certification in the treatment of Sepsis by the Joint Commission.
We have been named the area's Best of the Best Hospital 20 years in
a row and employer of choice in 2019 by the Lake City-Columbia
County Chamber of Commerce!
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing
Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in
caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients Accordance
with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Lake City Medical
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
Student Loan Forgiveness
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program
- Current enrollment in an RN program required: completion of the
first medical/surgical class is required
- or hiring ito the StaRTech program offered by HCA
- EMT, Paramedic training, 2 year associate degree in Medical
Assistant, PCT certificate, or Registered Nursing Students, who
have completed fundamentals of nursing courses
- Previous 1 year hospital experience is preferred.
- Basic pharmacology knowledge, medical terminology
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 75 pounds.
- Unit secretary skill preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA, Gainesville , Patient Care Technician, Other , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!