Part-Time Position (2pm-10:30pm / 2-3 days week)
Orange Park Medical Center
2001 Kingsley Avenue Orange Park, FL 32073
Orange Park Medical Center is a full service, certified Level II
Trauma Center with 300 plus inpatient beds located in the heart of
Orange Park, FL just outside of Jacksonville, FL. This
state-of-the-art facility provides top-notch medical care to Clay
County and the surrounding communities for over the past 40 years.
Orange Park Medical Center has grown from a small community
hospital to a top healthcare provider of choice in Northeast
Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000
hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Medical
Technologist with Orange Park Medical Center you can be a part of
an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support
they need. At Orange Park Medical Center, we offer eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading
healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues? Join the Orange Park Medical Center family! We will
give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our
organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Medical
Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing by analyzing
proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete
within the allowable time frame
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the
absence of the supervisor
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent
thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results.
(Including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any
outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and handle all
problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results
You Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the
ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- Less than 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist
- Technologist Licensing in one or more clinical specialty
- Blood bank
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider for clinical
laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals,
physicians and clients with timely diagnostic information for
patient care. IRL is a laboratory service component of HCA
Healthcare supporting hospital and commercial lab services for over
80 HCA facilities in the state of Florida.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are
reviewing applications for our Medical Technologist opening.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.